MOLES!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK….so I’ve spent this spring working my butt off getting a 1/4 wooded section of the yard de-treed, ground cleared, leveled, raked, & seeded with a heavy dose of fescue and some rye.

We’ve left enough trees so that it’s a nice shady area.

The grass has grown in well. Not perfect…I’ve been at the mercy of some heavy rains moving the seed around, but it’s a good looking cover now. I’ll reseed and patch as I can.

However…..mowing yesterday I noticed raised lines & found some pretty cushy ground. I’ve put too much into this patch of earth to lose it to dirt rodents.

I’ve done regular treatment to control the ground insects, so I’m hoping that I’ve severely diminished their food source. Anybody had luck with repellents, baits, traps? If I can run the off….great. If they’ve got to die….so be it.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a mole problem but the last big rain we had i was siting on the porch watching the weather and up popped the mole from his flooded runs and i ran out and put him to his demise and that was over a week ago and no more signs so far.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lot next to me has a mole problem.I saw a machine that spears them but not sure what kind of bait i should put out to get them to the trap.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mother-in-law had them and stuck whirligigs in the ground and they left and went to the neighbors yard

Seriously? The lawn ornament thingys?

MSMA will kill everything in your yard and keep things out except bermuda. It will unfortunately kill your fescue.

Yeah. No on that. Not trying to scorch everything I just put in.

If you have a dog it can easily get a mole. My dogs always did but...

I sure don’t need her digging up the entire backyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Growing up, we made a fun day of it. Uncover some holes, stick a water hose, or exhaust hose of my dad's truck. The dogs loved killing them, so they’d find a hole and wait. When the gophers/moles started coming out, groggy or drowning, the dogs were on em. If you don’t have dogs that hate them, maybe get you a 9 iron, wait for them to come out, and tee off!

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Victor plunger mole traps. Have tried just about everything and found I had the best results with these traps. Find an active tunnel by stepping on the top and coming back the next day to see if the mole has pushed it back up. If he has do it again but put one of these over the top. Next day dig up the dead mole.
71dXoXeg4JL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom