MOLES!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought this at ace hardware it’s called gofer hawk, caught 2 so far this spring, my neighbor has these solar powered noise makers he got at ace and it seems to drive them over to my yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Update…….saw some new mole activity in the yard last night, so I set the gofer hawk trap and this morning I checked and it was tripped. I pulled it out of the ground and sure enough, victim number three was caught. There’s videos on YouTube on the gofer hawk, it really works.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update…….saw some new mole activity in the yard last night, so I set the gofer hawk trap and this morning I checked and it was tripped. I pulled it out of the ground and sure enough, victim number three was caught. There’s videos on YouTube on the gofer hawk, it really works.

Those videos looked pretty convincing so we have the starter set on the way.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those videos looked pretty convincing so we have the starter set on the way.

Yeah, back before I bought the trap I paid $75 to a pest control company to put some poison gummy balls in the tunnels and never saw any results from that, so $35 for something I could use over and over again seemed like the better plan. I’m happy with the trap, just be patient and follow the instructions or the YouTube videos. Good hunting to you.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously? The lawn ornament thingys?

Yeah. No on that. Not trying to scorch everything I just put in.

I sure don’t need her digging up the entire backyard.

Mine never dug the yard, just went for hte mole when they saw movement and killed it leaving it for me to find.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I caught this mole with the traps I have that I mentioned in another post. When I pulled it out the mole was still alive! I don’t like them but I hate to see anything suffer. So I went in and got my .22 and put it down.

Attachments

• IMG_5161.MOV
    22.5 MB

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
#3 gopher trap, 3 ft. piece of baling wire, screwdriver, hammer, gardening hand shovel, tent stake and a plastic bag. Attach the wire to the trap and stake. Just before dark poke around on top of the mound with a long skinny screwdriver and find the hole. Dig the hole out just enough to place the set trap in the hole with the bump pad a little below ground level. Hammer in the stake. Gopher will come up to push dirt and back fill so nothing can crawl down in the middle of the night. Go out in the morning and pull the trap up and remove dead nuisance. If said nuisance is still alive hit it in the head with the hammer. Put the damn thing in a plastic bag and throw it in the trash.
Moles I know nothing about.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
#3 gopher trap, 3 ft. piece of baling wire, screwdriver, hammer, gardening hand shovel, tent stake and a plastic bag. Attach the wire to the trap and stake. Just before dark poke around on top of the mound with a long skinny screwdriver and find the hole. Dig the hole out just enough to place the set trap in the hole with the bump pad a little below ground level. Hammer in the stake. Gopher will come up to push dirt and back fill so nothing can crawl down in the middle of the night. Go out in the morning and pull the trap up and remove dead nuisance. If said nuisance is still alive hit it in the head with the hammer. Put the damn thing in a plastic bag and throw it in the trash.
Moles I know nothing about.
That’s how I trap gophers as well. A couple hundred have fallen to that method over the years.
Working on this new method for moles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom