Mollie Tibbetts found dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tragically murdered girl becomes everyone's cautionary tale, moral lesson or political football.
She's just a big metaphor is all. Pretty sad.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Nobody gave a damn about her missing until they found out who killed her, then everybody comes rushing in to defend their political concerns. In two weeks none of these people who act like they care about this now will even remember who she was. It's all just B.S.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took the words right out of my mouth. Nobody gave a damn about her missing until they found out who killed her, then everybody comes rushing in to defend their political concerns. In two weeks none of these people who act like they care about this now will even remember who she was. It's all just B.S.

Really? I mean I saw it all over the news constantly for a couple of weeks, it seems like... I remember thinking to myself, sadly, like so many times, that this girl was likely already dead before anyone knew she was missing and that it was only a matter of time before they found her body. I remember, again sadly, thinking selfishly that that was seemingly the only news one saw on the headlines.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but it seemed to me like there was a massive amount of news coverage going on even well before they found her body, but now the focus has definitely shifted to highlighting the seeming injustice of her being murdered by someone who shouldn't even have been here.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or a good tattoo artist. :hey3:
Really? I mean I saw it all over the news constantly for a couple of weeks, it seems like... I remember thinking to myself, sadly, like so many times, that this girl was likely already dead before anyone knew she was missing and that it was only a matter of time before they found her body. I remember, again sadly, thinking selfishly that that was seemingly the only news one saw on the headlines.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but it seemed to me like there was a massive amount of news coverage going on even well before they found her body, but now the focus has definitely shifted to highlighting the seeming injustice of her being murdered by someone who shouldn't even have been here.
Yep, its been plastered on FOX everyday for the past two weeks on the front page.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes, it's on the news but did we have a thread that said "Mollie Tibbetts missing"? Was social media all ate up with updates and posts when she was missing? No. Everybody started spouting off not just after the body was found but after that d-bag took them to the body.

Honestly, I'm just in a really bad mood, take what I say with a grain or two.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it's on the news but did we have a thread that said "Mollie Tibbetts missing"? Was social media all ate up with updates and posts when she was missing? No. Everybody started spouting off not just after the body was found but after that d-bag took them to the body.

Honestly, I'm just in a really bad mood, take what I say with a grain or two.

I get it, and I see that it went even more nuclear after the revelation he was an illegal, but in a way I also feel it's somewhat appropriate. Personally I think border control is an issue, but not 100% in the same way other (many or most) conservatives do. Bottom line is, this poor girl would still be alive if this scumbag hadn't been in our country. Many other people have suffered horribly at the hands of people who think they can flaunt the law, both the immigration laws and laws against rape, murder, theft and other things. We have laws for a reason, and I think we need to enforce them or change them.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There is a special place in HELL for people that commit this type of crime, regardless of race, creed or national origin. The status of the perps immigration status is secondary or even tertiary to the horrendous acts committed against another human being, white, black, brown, Catholic, Baptist, Muslim, Hindu or what have you. The failings to grasp the concept of the fragility and sanctity of Human life is all too commonplace these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom