Monday Morning at Lexington

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Drove up at 10 am wasnt busy as expected but somebody had a lot of fun on Sunday. I've been to Lexington WMA several times, never seen a game warden. I've heard the deer population is way down lately either from unchecked poaching or Oak die off. I cleaned it up with the help of an old man and his granddaughter. Is the state DWC shorthanded like everyone else?
20220214_110752.jpg

20220214_110803.jpg

20220214_111128.jpg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wildlife dept has always struggled to keep up that is where we are supposed to step up and take our trash with us! Heck nobody wants to work why would we think they would pick up trash. when i lived at the lake i picked up trash until i was blue in the face never made a difference.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A member here, @Brother Bob did/does work there picking up brass and cleaning up I think.

Maybe he hadn't made it there before you arrived. :anyone:

Hmmm...I just checked and he hasn't been seen here since last July so maybe not anymore.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Before I got sick the first time I would go out to the OKCGC at night to pick up brass. I was always picking up trash and emptying trash cans. People just do not care. I don't know how many beer and booze bottles I picked up too. Always made me leery about shooting when others were around in case someone was drunk and shooting.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Believe they come out after lunch or so and maybe not on Sunday!! The place would be a disaster if they did not .

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen wardens there many times and I was told Friday evening and the weekends there are when the trash really
builds up.
I will say every time I go I cart off my trash and others trash.
And I always have a good time there and help others shooting there to be safe and have a good time.

Reaction score
Oh but I bet they had the time to pick through the brass, nearly all of it was .22
I specifically go to Lexington because I dont like that businesses make oodles from forcing people to only shoot brass case which they can then resell. With all the steel case Tula I've got not idea what people are going to do when the last of it gets imported

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a guy that comes there to pick up brass. I would bet every day because I see him every day I am there.
Some days I am there early and stay until 3 or 4 pm and I will see him 2 times in that day.
He never shoots and next time I see him I will ask him if he has a hunting license.

It is an opportunity that presents itself.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a guy that comes there to pick up brass. I would bet every day because I see him every day I am there.
Some days I am there early and stay until 3 or 4 pm and I will see him 2 times in that day.
He never shoots and next time I see him I will ask him if he has a hunting license.

It is an opportunity that presents itself.
If it's the guy in the black Ford, he's a good guy to talk to if you don't get on his wrong side. I've had good experiences with him but I've seen him get mad at people for leaving trash and shooting tannerite out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom