Monday Morning at Lexington

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always pick up any trash I see, as well as my brass. I nearly got cross with a guy out there who was one of the brass poachers. This guy comes up with his brass picker and is literally sweeping up brass around my feet as I'm trying to shoot. I told him that this was all brass that I had shot, and that I'd be taking it with me. After I cleared my gun and put it back on the bench, I made some serious eye contact with him and told him to leave the area. He did. I've never seen someone so careless as to try to clean up brass around someone's feet as they were shooting, much less without asking beforehand.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always pick up any trash I see, as well as my brass. I nearly got cross with a guy out there who was one of the brass poachers. This guy comes up with his brass picker and is literally sweeping up brass around my feet as I'm trying to shoot. I told him that this was all brass that I had shot, and that I'd be taking it with me. After I cleared my gun and put it back on the bench, I made some serious eye contact with him and told him to leave the area. He did. I've never seen someone so careless as to try to clean up brass around someone's feet as they were shooting, much less without asking beforehand.
That is why I always went at night. If there is no one there, you are pretty safe betting they are not going to take their brass. :P

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Lol! Thay happened to me at the indoor range at Shawnee a few weeks ago. This old dude came in with a couple of younger guys. First thing he does is grab a squeegee and start gathering up my brass and telling the young guys how they are going to collect all the brass for themselves.

I wasn't worried too much about picking up my brass that trip so I didn't say anything at the time. But when he came over two lanes from where they were shooting and started in again I turned around and looked him right in the eye. He stopped and said "Oh is that your 45 brass?". I said no, mine is 9mm and it seems to be disappearing. He said " I told them not to sweep up anything behind these two lanes" and tottered off back to his lane. He had been the only one gathering up the brass but was trying to put it off on those guys that were with him.

He never came back my way again. What a turd.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is why I always went at night. If there is no one there, you are pretty safe betting they are not going to take their brass. :P
I adopted the same philosophy. When I go out to Lexington now, it'll be in the afternoon and I'll shoot until the light will no longer allow it.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol! Thay happened to me at the indoor range at Shawnee a few weeks ago. This old dude came in with a couple of younger guys. First thing he does is grab a squeegee and start gathering up all my brass and telling the young guys how they are going to collect all the brass for themselves.

I wasn't worried too much about picking up my brass that trip so I didn't say anything at the time. But when he came over two lanes from where they were shooting and started in again I turned around and looked him right in the eye. He stopped and said "Oh is that your 45 brass?". I said no, mine is 9mm and it seems to be disappearing. He said " I told them not to sweep up anything behind these two lanes" and tottered off back to his lane. He had been the only one gathering up the brass but was trying to put it off on those guys that were with him.

He never came back my way again. What a turd.
Those crazy reloaders, present company excluded of course.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats the issue with public ranges. They get trashed out continuously because shooters don't have a stake in the operations like private clubs where you pay to play.
Yes, there will always be that one jerk that shoots up the target stands vs the target, but the majority are great members.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats the issue with public ranges. They get trashed out continuously because shooters don't have a stake in the operations like private clubs where you pay to play.
Yes, there will always be that one jerk that shoots up the target stands vs the target, but the majority are great members.
I've told this before but I saw a guy shoot a crt monitor out there. I took a picture of him shooting it and one of his company truck and texted it to the warden. They responded back the next day and said thanks, they called the company to find out who he was and told him to come back and clean it up or get fined. I understand he met them there that afternoon and even picked up the glass shards to avoid a ticket.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've told this before but I saw a guy shoot a crt monitor out there. I took a picture of him shooting it and one of his company truck and texted it to the warden. They responded back the next day and said thanks, they called the company to find out who he was and told him to come back and clean it up or get fined. I understand he met them there that afternoon and even picked up the glass shards to avoid a ticket.
Good for you. Most wouldn't do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom