Monkey fists.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also known as a Slung shots are a felony to carry in Oklahoma. I watched a cool video making one with an 8 ball, I was going to make one and started reading when I found in Oklahoma just having one on your person is a felonious offense. Guess I will stick to balisongs, switchblades, and firearms.

2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
§21-1282. Felony use of a slung shot.​

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slungshot2.jpg

Deputies claim Marin also had a “slungshot” in his possession, which can be thrown at a velocity near 100 MPH and cause great bodily injury. (Photo courtesy LASD)
https://theavtimes.com/2013/09/20/man-arrested-for-having-explosive-devices/
:drunk2:

Last edited:

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And here I have been using them for setting tarps for years. But I usually tie them and discard the rock afterwards.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also known as a Slung shots are a felony to carry in Oklahoma. I watched a cool video making one with an 8 ball, I was going to make one and started reading when I found in Oklahoma just having one on your person is a felonious offense. Guess I will stick to balisongs, switchblades, and firearms.

2014 Oklahoma Statutes​

Title 21. Crimes and Punishments​

§21-1282. Felony use of a slung shot.​

Isn't that special......symbol of freedom it is.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading the statute in title 21 and I’ve asked about the definition of “slung shot” before. The replies I got from the legal types described it as the slingshot used by David against Goliath.

Now that I know, I won’t be putting the one with the 1” steel ball wrapped with paracord on my key ring.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reading the statute in title 21 and I’ve asked about the definition of “slung shot” before. The replies I got from the legal types described it as the slingshot used by David against Goliath.

Now that I know, I won’t be putting the one with the 1” steel ball wrapped with paracord on my key ring.
The term “slung shot” historically refers to a weight woven into a thin line used to toss a cord from one ship to another, which was then use to pull a heavier line over.
Legal use nowadays is in reference to any weight attached to any cord, designed to be used as a weapon.
Bikers have been know to carry a heavy padlock in the back pocket with a bandanna pulled through it. If a cop approaches, grab one end and pull only the bandanna out of the pocket, and blow your nose.
Need to crack a skull, pull both sides of the bandanna and out comes a cranium crusher at high speed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom