Moose hunting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you! Glad you got to do it!

I bet that has got to be such a rush, knowing you could be ran over by a Mack truck with horns at just any moment!!!

Yeah, especially when, after the fact, the professional hunter tells you that, at one point in time, you were within about six meters of the damn thing. Six meters! Twenty feet! DAMMITT! Didn't figure to get that close!

Point is, if you've got a dream, DO IT! Don't wait!

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was offered a couple of different full expense paid hunts to Africa for cape buffalo, wart hogs, wildebeest and the largest antelope species, but my doctor told me that if I got bitten by certain insects or scratched by thorns or numerous other issues, there was a 99% chance of me not getting back to the states in "good shape" because of the medications I was taking at the time. I built a full custom and absolutely beautiful rifle for this trip, then when I was strongly advised by my doctor not to go, I gave James my rifle as a gift, and he and his wife and three sons used it to kill 21 head of game on their African Safari.

I know I will never get to make a big game or dangerous game hunt, but I would sure settle for a duck or goose hunt, and still consider myself blessed at that!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Amen.......we don't like the taste of goose either.

Mama bought me a guided goose hunt several years ago as a early Xmas present with a fella she read about in the Sunday paper that had a few wheat fields leased up around Harrah.......got there early one Saturday morning at dark-thirty and was back home and had the geese cleaned, plucked and was eating a bowl of hot homemade chili by noon.

We oven baked the whole goose per a recipe out of a wild game cook book I've got the next day......both of us took a couple of bites and then fed the rest to a german shepard mix we had at the time and he loved it.

It's got to be grilled and grilled medium rare. Treat it like a steak.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Sis baked a huge domestic goose once (her first & only) and brought it to a family gathering. It was terribly, horribly, awful. Everyone was shocked, because she was a really good cook.

She had ringed it with pineapple slices on the baking platter, so they cooked in the goose juices. Lol, they tasted a lot worse than the goose. :D

Nobody liked the goose (including her), so she was going to throw it out. I told her we'd take it. Times were kinda rough back then, and there was probably 10-12 pounds of (free) meat left, maybe more. No one had went back for a second helping, and there were other meat dishes. :D

Sweetie deboned it, cut/chopped it up, and barbecued it. Turned out really well. ;)
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom