Morals - Being a Good Samaritan in today's world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you stop and give aid to people on the roadways?

• Total voters

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've stopped twice for lone females with flats and changed them. Neither showed even the slightest bit of appreciation. I don't think I even got a "bye" as they got in their car and drove off, almost like it was owed to them. I'm not expecting applause or anything, but courtesy goes both ways IMO.

Stupidly I picked up a hitch hiker one night at the local auto parts store (LATE, there was one in Ohio that was open til 2am and this was probably midnight...yeah yeah yeah). Anywho, regular cab truck and I offered him a ride in the bed to get a few exits further. Along the way going the opposite direction, there was a cop with lights and sirens blaring hauling ass and the guy in the back of the truck ducked down real quick and laid down all the sudden so that was my queue to hit the next exit. I did and no sooner than I stopped the truck at a gas station he bailed out and ran. I'm not sure what I helped with there, but that was the first and last time for me!

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. That $80 bucks a year ain’t nothing to rich folks. For others it’s two weeks worth of groceries.
What fantasy world are you living in? Two weeks worth of groceries. I’m guessing someone else is your house does the grocery shopping.

Anyway as has been pointed out it’s probably not $80 but $30 and most people have as part of their insurance. Get over yourself.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I stop and help folks when I can. I also pick up hitchhikers. I know that it may end up bad someday and that's OK. I'm not gonna let crappy people turn me into someone that I'm not.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What fantasy world are you living in? Two weeks worth of groceries. I’m guessing someone else is your house does the grocery shopping.

Anyway as has been pointed out it’s probably not $80 but $30 and most people have as part of their insurance. Get over yourself.

I do the grocery shopping and our vehicles are so old we only carry liability insurance so no roadside service. In my pickup I carry jumper cable, air compressor and a medium tool bag. I usually stop and help a couple of people every week. So I don’t think I’ll be getting over myself anytime soon.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AAA is about $100.00 a year (just sent in my renewal). I will assume that everyone will spend $100.00 a year for something so important. Forethought is an important consideration. Leaving things to chance, well, not so much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom