More Craigslist fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had some wheels up for sale on Craigslist...dude hits me up with an offer thats too low. I say I will pass, and he asks what I would take and I tell him, and he says he's $50 short (he did come up some more) and I ask if he has anything he can toss in to make up the difference.
"Um like what?"
Idunno, gun stuff, ammo, something like that?
"Yeah I'm not allowed to have guns"
Aaaaaaaaaallrighty then...I guess we will move this transaction location if it works out. Was gonna meet at the house so I didnt have to lug them somewhere but after that one I think we'll meet at QT and do the deal there. He seemed like a nice guy, did come up with the extra $50 and all is well that ends well.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done a few deals on CL but had a couple that were just too iffy. One was on some tools and the guy wanted to meet in a very remote spot.
I backed out on the sale when he didn't agree to change the location to a more visible place. The deal was several hundred bucks and seemed off. When I backed out he threw in a hammer drill in at no cost, but never mentioned my request to move to Walmart (that was even closer to where he lived).
He contacted me a couple of times and I just said I'm done.
His listing was removed a few days later and that was it.
May have missed out on a good deal but who knows.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I usually meet at very public places that I'm pretty familiar with. Regardless I'm obviously carrying and usually have a friend with me...and I'm a big dude. They know you're coming with money if you're a buyer and its better to be safe than sorry. I also never bring any more cash than is necessary to make the deal. As a seller....same...very public place thats busy with people.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last couple things I bought on CL have been old audio gear (a weakness of mine). Even though old audio gear tends to be owned by old dudes like me, I still meet in a public area. Of course, I'm carrying as well. I've noticed you can get a pretty good feel from someone if their texts use proper grammar/spelling. Generally, those guys are ok.

I wouldn't go anywhere for a deal that reads "AWSUM SPKRS! GRT PRICE!"

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last couple things I bought on CL have been old audio gear (a weakness of mine). Even though old audio gear tends to be owned by old dudes like me, I still meet in a public area. Of course, I'm carrying as well. I've noticed you can get a pretty good feel from someone if their texts use proper grammar/spelling. Generally, those guys are ok.

I wouldn't go anywhere for a deal that reads "AWSUM SPKRS! GRT PRICE!"
Ha.
Ida bye ems.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guy responds to my partner in crimes listing for horses for sale. Says he is looking for a ranch horse that he can use to Doctor from, check cows from and rope off if needed. Goes out to the ranch and gets the full story on several horses, rides two of them, not real well mind you, but rides them. After an hour and a half or so, he tells my partner he needs to run to the bank to get the cash ($2500.00), he does not return that day. Several days later on a Friday night about 0230hrs, the dogs (Great Pyrenees 3ea) at my buddies house are going nuts which is not uncommon as they chase the yotes away, but they don't stop like usual after a minute or so, my buddy gets up and grabs his 30-30, walks onto the back porch and sure enough, he can see the shine of a truck down by the corrals in the lighting off the barns. Walks down to the barns in his drawers and 30-30 at the ready and sure as crap, 'ol boy has a horse in a rope harness and is trying to get him in the trailer. Needless to say, the Deputies that responded were not impressed. We now have an electric gate down by the corral entrance, jerk offs are everywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom