More Craigslist fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guy responds to my partner in crimes listing for horses for sale. Says he is looking for a ranch horse that he can use to Doctor from, check cows from and rope off if needed. Goes out to the ranch and gets the full story on several horses, rides two of them, not real well mind you, but rides them. After an hour and a half or so, he tells my partner he needs to run to the bank to get the cash ($2500.00), he does not return that day. Several days later on a Friday night about 0230hrs, the dogs (Great Pyrenees 3ea) at my buddies house are going nuts which is not uncommon as they chase the yotes away, but they don't stop like usual after a minute or so, my buddy gets up and grabs his 30-30, walks onto the back porch and sure enough, he can see the shine of a truck down by the corrals in the lighting off the barns. Walks down to the barns in his drawers and 30-30 at the ready and sure as crap, 'ol boy has a horse in a rope harness and is trying to get him in the trailer. Needless to say, the Deputies that responded were not impressed. We now have an electric gate down by the corral entrance, jerk offs are everywhere.
Good friends. I hope you bought them a beer or 100. Good neighbors are priceless. People that come out to look at a horse to buy (around here) already have the cash on hand to make the deal. Horses aren't used cars.
Happy you came out good. Shame no good trees or fine hemp rope laying around needing use.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Troy "assumed" the guy had the cash when he came to buy a horse. Changed out MO after that a bit, but certainly learned a valuable lesson in honesty in the horse trade.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I recently bought a home theater receiver off FB market place. I took the guy for his word... Mainly because I'm a trusting guy whose word means something. I get home and it doesn't power up. I message the guy and ask what the deal was he said it must be the outlet and to try another - which pissed me off. Then he said I don't know man, it was working before I left... I guess lesson learned on my part. I did an OSCN docket serarch on the guy and found a list of all kinds of drug charges. So I just decided to drop it. Thought about contacting the TPD and giving them the serial number in case it was stolen, but I don't know if they have a way to search that or if it would be worth their time. So I'll probably just let it go.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dishonest people SUCK!!

Yep. I listed a motorcycle on Craigslist and immediately ran into scammers. One guy said he would guarantee a sale within 2 weeks that was $1,500 more than I had listed. His charge for the service was $299. I said, why not purchase my bike for the asking price and you can sell for the $1,500 more than I was asking - a much better deal. That was the last I heard from him.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been very lucky. Bought everything from furniture, hunting gear, cars, video equip, TV's, kids cloths and more. Just bought my 8 year old a little Yamaha Blaster that runs great. Saying that, I've also passed on deals, buying and selling, that just had that "somethings not right" feel to them.....

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another one, I had a buddy who was not good with "confrontation" so he avoided contact with new people (ie: Craigslist deals) but had a phone to sell so he listed it and asked his brother to go with him to do the actual deal. They meet nearby, dude looks at the phone and hands his brother the cash. Brother gets back in the car, hands my buddy the money and its all counterfeit. My buddy got over his confrontation phobia real quick, jumped out of the car and ran over to the jackoffs car, reached inside and grabbed his phone back. Used his new phone to grab a pic of the license plate, called the police and reported it. Could have gone south grabbing into someones car like that but thankfully it didnt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom