More Craigslist fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And ironically, I am generally pretty fearless around people. I'm a big dude and can defend myself but then I hear about my mom always buying stuff on CL and it scares the hell out of me.
Same goes with my daughter that has already been ripped off a couple of times - just doesn't seem to learn though. Must be that 'I know everything' attitude.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I once sold a 223 AK pistol on another site, the next day the guy that I sold it to messsages me saying that he couldn't get it to charge, that every time he'd try to pull the charging handle back it would only go about halfway. Obviously, my first thought was, "is he trying to use 7.62x39?" Nope he was using the right ammo. Okay, "is the magazine in correctly?" Yep.
Another day goes by and I get a message saying that he figured out what was wrong...the safety was on.
I still get a chuckle every time I think about it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once sold a 223 AK pistol on another site, the next day the guy that I sold it to messsages me saying that he couldn't get it to charge, that every time he'd try to pull the charging handle back it would only go about halfway. Obviously, my first thought was, "is he trying to use 7.62x39?" Nope he was using the right ammo. Okay, "is the magazine in correctly?" Yep.
Another day goes by and I get a message saying that he figured out what was wrong...the safety was on.
I still get a chuckle every time I think about it.
Thats funny!

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have posted this before but will tell my tale again. I posted a want ad for an old pickup on CL once, got a reply to meet at a local store on south side of OKC. When my wife and I arrived two men told me to follow them out in country to look at the truck ( spider senses went off). On the way out following guys, my wife clueless was in Layla land, I told her I'm going to park car so you can haul ass if something goes down. She looks at me and says what? I told her I don't like this situation but I'm going to keep them in front of me and never let them to my back and yes I was carrying. We get to this old house, they told me truck is in back follow us, wife was in panic mode. I told her to write down tag number and if she heard shots to go and call 911. Turns out deal was legit but she was pissed and has never gone back to look at anything with me again. Would I do it again in this day, no and probably should not have then. Wife is prime example of someone that has no situational awareness.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have posted this before but will tell my tale again. I posted a want ad for an old pickup on CL once, got a reply to meet at a local store on south side of OKC. When my wife and I arrived two men told me to follow them out in country to look at the truck ( spider senses went off). On the way out following guys, my wife clueless was in Layla land, I told her I'm going to park car so you can haul ass if something goes down. She looks at me and says what? I told her I don't like this situation but I'm going to keep them in front of me and never let them to my back and yes I was carrying. We get to this old house, they told me truck is in back follow us, wife was in panic mode. I told her to write down tag number and if she heard shots to go and call 911. Turns out deal was legit but she was pissed and has never gone back to look at anything with me again. Would I do it again in this day, no and probably should not have then. Wife is prime example of someone that has no situational awareness.

Glad everything went ok. Personally, I probably would not have done that... especially with my wife. She's pretty calm and can handle herself well under stress, I believe, but I don't think she would want to leave me if something went bad - which I why I probably wouldn't put her in that situation. But I wouldn't have felt comfortable doing that, myself, either.

I'm like, "Ok, if the truck runs, and there're two of you, then bring it to town for me to see." I dunno, prolly less likely to get shanked if you're looking to buy in that situation, as the seller obviously put out some contact information, etc. As a seller, I don't think I ever want anyone coming to my house, for anything, for any reason. Not off Craigslist.

It's a crazy f***ing world these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom