More Drones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I <3 drones. I'm going to volunteer for trustee status in JB's camps...and be a drone operator on the perimeter.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a military pilot who has trained in the US, I find it pretty laughable that folks are worried about this.

I used to fly a surveillance airplane....and trained to do our mission by sometimes looking at civilian vehicles and structures. There is no big conspiracy...there's a 20 year old enlisted kid sitting on the other end of that sensor feed desperately trying to figure out how to operate the IR ball while tracking a car with it (ergo, simply keeping the crosshairs of the camera on the vehicle as it moves around through terrain, buildings, other traffic, etc). Civilian vehicles are sometimes looked at because they're available, they're unpredictable (we don't have any idea where they're going or where they came from), and presents an opportunity to train on something that somewhat realistically simulates and actual mission tasking.

No "intelligence" is being collected. Clearly the guy who wrote the article did not have any context whatsoever to what he was looking at.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Profreedomokie said:
How long before armed drones are used against U.S citizens because they fit the new profile of a " Homeland Terrorist"?

Exactly! With the NDAA anyone can be labeled a terrorist and taken out, US citizen or not, and this has occurred overseas, none in US YET, that we know of!

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And it was 3 different articles, written by three different poeple Mr Military trained pilot.

Yes, and they were talking about three completely different things.

I was addressing the article where the journalist at Holloman AFB was watching feed from the Pred, and saw them tracking a civilian vehicle.

As for the second article....well, can't speak to that, because none of the RPAs that my service uses fly low and make a buzzing sound -- they stay high and away from what they're observing. Usually, you know, you don't 'buzz' the person you're trying to observe. Kind or ruins the whole point.

“I’m taking my dog for a walk and guess what I see right over the tree line right above my head is a drone,” said Farah, adding that the drone was low in the sky and sounded like a lawnmower.

So...he was able to tell that it was a "drone" just from observing it from the ground? How could he differentiate between that and a simple RC aircraft? How did he have any idea if it was equipped with any sort of sensor at all? His logic leaves a lot to be desired.

You can believe whatever you want...but having actually participated in the kind of training that is being described in the first article, that is where I'm saying there is not some nefarious backstory to why that journalist saw what he saw.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How long before armed drones are used against U.S citizens because they fit the new profile of a " Homeland Terrorist"?

How long before armed police helicopters and military fixed wings are used against U.S. citizens because they fit the new profile of a "Homeland Terrorist"?

Oh wait, we've already had police and military aircraft, with the capability of being armed, for decades and this fantasy massacre of citizens hasn't happened, but we're suddenly going to start off-ing citizens with drones because...uhh...because...well...uhh, because "they're drones and drones are bad".

Guess what....if someone really thinks you fit the profile of a Homeland Terrorist, they don't need a drone to kill you.

I'd love to read a well thought out and articulated essay on exactly why the use of drones by any entity at any level of government should be any more restricted than manned aircraft and other surveillance methods already in use today. All we have seen so far is "They're going to use them to kill us" and "Drones violate my privacy". Both of which are unsubstantiated by fact or law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom