More eon the abortion home front...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.ahlcglobal.com/blogs/se...ted-fetal-cells-used-as-food-flavor-enhancers

Aborted Fetal Cells Used As Food Flavor Enhancers
RSS
Comprehensive List Of Companies That Use This Flavor Enhancer
"Public to boycott products of major food companies that are partnering with Senomyx, a biotech company that produces artificial flavor enhancers unless the company stops using aborted fetal cell lines to test their products."

"But when Senomyx ignored their letter, they wrote to the companies Senomyx listed on their website as “collaborators” warning them of public backlash and threatened a boycott. Food giants ,Pepsico, Kraft Foods Campbell Soup, Solae and Nestlé are the primary targets of the boycott, though Senomyx boasts other international partners on their website.

Senomyx - "Using isolated human taste receptors, we created proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems that provide a biochemical or electronic readout when a flavor ingredient interacts with the receptor.”

"Senomyx notes their collaborators provide them with research and development funding plus royalties on sales of products using their flavor ingredients."

“What they do not tell the public is that they are using HEK 293 – human embryonic kidney cells are taken from an electively aborted baby to produce those receptors”...., stated Debi Vinnedge, Executive Director for Children of God for Life, a pro-life watchdog group that has been monitoring the use of aborted fetal material in medical products and cosmetics for years."

“They could have easily chosen COS (monkey) cells, Chinese Hamster Ovary cells, insect cells or other morally obtained human cells expressing the G protein for taste receptors”, Vinnedge added.

AHLC NOTE: Here is where I firmly disagree with these "life" affirming watchdog groups. There is NO "morally" obtainable source for such things. They are being hypocritical because they are missing key information on this topic of using, harvesting sentient life forms for personal gain.
"In writing to their collaborators, it took three letters before Nestlé finally admitted the truth about their relationship with Senomyx, noting the cell line was “well established in scientific research”.

"After hearing Ms. Vinnedge speak publicly on the problem, angry consumers began writing the companies. Both Pepsico and Campbell Soup immediately responded."

“If enough people voice their outrage and intent to boycott these consumer products, it can be highly effective in convincing Senomyx to change their methods”, she noted."

Click here to read the response letters from Pepsico, Campbell Soup and Nestlé letters (Letter 1, 2, 3)

Need proof of Senomyx use of aborted fetal cell lines?

Following is the link to the online article for their patent on sweet receptors (they filed several separate patents for each of the different taste receptors): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC123709/

As it is lengthy and technical, we recommend you simply do a search in the document for HEK-293.

HEK CELL (Human Embryonic Kidney 293 cells), also often referred to as HEK 293, 293 cells, or less precisely as HEK cells are a specific cell line originally derived from human embryonic kidney cells grown in tissue culture. HEK 293 cells are very easy to grow and transfect very readily and have been widely used in cell biology research for many years. They are also used by the biotechnology industry to produce therapeutic proteins and viruses for gene therapy.

Below is a list of products that contain HEK cells.
HEK cell Products; http://www.cogforlife.org/fetalproductsall.pdf

Pepsi Beverages on the Boycott list:

• All Pepsi soft drinks
• Sierra Mist soft drinks
• Mountain Dew soft drinks
• Mug root beer and other soft drinks
• No Fear beverages
• Ocean Spray beverages
• Seattle’s Best Coffee
• Tazo beverages
• AMP Energy beverages
• Aquafina water
• Aquafina flavored beverages
• DoubleShot energy beverages
• Frappuccino beverages
• Lipton tea and other beverages
• Propel beverages
• SoBe beverages
• Gatorade beverages
• Fiesta Miranda beverages
• Tropicana juices and beverages

Other Senomyx Partner Products

"At this time we are formally boycotting PepsiCo products, however many have asked us for lists of the other companies involved with Senomyx and what products are involved. Unless we know a certain product or brand name specifically, we intend to boycott all of the company’s products."
Nestles Products:

• All coffee creamers
• Maggi Brand instant soups, bouillon cubes, ketchup, sauces, seasoning, instant noodles.

Kraft – Cadbury Adams LLC Products:

Gum
• Black Jack chewing gum
• Bubbaloo bubble gum
• Bubblicious bubble gum
• Chiclets
• Clorets
• Dentyne
• Freshen Up Gum
• Sour Cherry Gum (Limited)
• Sour Apple Gum (Limited)
• Stride
• Trident

Cadbury Adams LLC Candies
• Sour Cherry Blasters
• Fruit Mania
• Bassett’s Liquorice - All sorts
• Maynards Wine Gum
• Swedish Fish
• Swedish Berries
• Juicy Squirts
• Original Gummies
• Fuzzy Peach
• Sour Chillers
• Sour Patch Kids
• Mini Fruit Gums

Other Cadbury Adams LLC Products
• Certs breath mints
• Halls Cough Drops

Not part of Senomyx – Neocutis Products

This company produces anti wrinkle creams that contain cells from a 14-week gestation aborted male baby. Following is the list of the creams, but we recommend a full boycott of all Neocutis Products.

Bio-Gel Prevedem Journee
Bio-Serum Lumiere
Bio-Restorative Skin Cream

Vaccines Containing HEK Cells And the Manufacturers:
MMR II (Merck)
ProQuad (MMR + Chickenpox – Merck)
Varivax (Chickenpox – Merck)
Pentacel (Polio + DTaP + HiB – Sanofi Pasteur)
Vaqta (Hepatitis-A – Merck)
Havrix (Hepatitis-A – Glaxo SmithKline)
Twinrix (Hepatitis-A and B combo – Glaxo)
Zostavax (Shingles – Merck)
Imovax (Rabies – Sanofi Pasteur)

Other medicines:
Pulmozyme (Cystic Fibrosis – Genetech)
Enbrel (Rheumatoid Arthritis – Amgen)

Note: Moral options exist for Rabies, Polio,
Rheumatoid Arthritis. Separate moral options
currently not available for Measles and Mumps.

source; http://birthofanewearth.blogspot.comviahttp://www.cogforlife.org/

Back in January, Oklahoma Senator Ralph Shortey proposed legislation to ban the production of aborted fetal cell-derived flavor chemicals in his home state. If passed, S.B. 1418 would also reportedly ban the sale of any products that contain flavor chemicals derived from human fetal tissue, which includes Pepsi products as well as products produced by Kraft and Nestle (http://www.naturalnews.com)

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah.....not sure what exactly to say but I don't like it. I envision a chef tasting a spoonful of something he just whipped up and saying, hmmmmm I think it needs a pinch of fetal cell-derived flavor chemicals. Dudes got some crazy palette on him.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if I read this right, they're not using the cells from a 1973 foetus in the food. They're using cells as a test bed for the food/flavorings:

"Using isolated human taste receptors, we created proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems that provide a biochemical or electronic readout when a flavor ingredient interacts with the receptor.”

I'm not sure that's good or bad, but it's definitely not " Fetal Cells Used As Food Flavor Enhancers"

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
A company that large would have at least one person come out and say" you cannot do this" and be in front of a news crew somewhere!! While I think there are people who would be OK with doing this most would balk at it. How many people do you know that would not be raising hell over this ? I do not know many!
I could be dead wrong but hope to hell I am not!! But until I see a whole bunch more info I will leave this in the BS category.

Latest posts

Top Bottom