More inflation September 2022 version

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is really bad news. Essentially it’s telling us that the interest rate increases by the Fed are not effective. And that they may get more aggressive which means more pain in the stock market and more jobs could be in jeopardy.

Wholesale Prices Increase More Than Expected in September​

Wholesale Prices Increase More Than Expected in September

U.S. producer prices increased more than expected in September amid strong gains in the costs of services and goods, suggesting inflation could remain uncomfortably high for a while.

The producer price index (PPI) for final demand rebounded 0.4% last month, the Labor Department said on Wednesday. Data for August was revised lower to show the PPI falling 0.2% instead of dipping 0.1% as previously reported. In the 12 months through September, the PPI increased 8.5% after advancing 8.7% in August. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast the PPI rising 0.2% and climbing 8.4% year-on-year.

The moderation in annual producer inflation is being driven by an easing in supply chain bottlenecks as well as a retreat in commodity prices from the highs seen in the spring. But the pass through to consumer prices has been marginal.

Oil and gasoline prices have likely bottomed following last week's decision by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries and allies to cut crude production.

Data on Thursday is likely to show consumer prices picking up in September, according to a Reuters survey of economists, sealing the case for the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates by 75 basis points next month for the fourth time this year.

Financial markets have almost priced-in a rate hike of three-quarters of a percentage point at the Fed's Nov. 1-2 policy meeting, according to CME's FedWatch Tool.

The Fed has since March raised its policy rate from near zero to the current range of 3.00% to 3.25%.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll start getting social security in January. It'll basically put us where we were, buying power wise, 2 years ago.

Two words... F**K this brain-dead, moron of a president and every f**king brain-dead moron that voted for him. I hope you're happy being an idiot...

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its going to get ugly.

This holiday season will probably be one of the last for a while with decent consumer spending, but its going to still be down.

I know a lot of folks are nearing the end of their budgets, that point where something has to give.

With the shortages all thru the supply chain, costs of fuel to heat and cool our homes, gas back on the rise, its not going to be fun.

I have been advising folks for the last few months, plan those holiday meals now, buy what you can and set it back, so at least a holiday family meal will happen when the gift giving may be on the decline.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll start getting social security in January. It'll basically put us where we were, buying power wise, 2 years ago.

Two words... F**K this brain-dead, moron of a president and every f**king brain-dead moron that voted for him. I hope you're happy being an idiot...
So, do tell us how you feel about the POTUS

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea and the way things are going sippy cup joe is going to get us in a war with Russia. Oh wait that was what they said about Trump. My bad

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea and the way things are going sippy cup joe is going to get us in a war with Russia. Oh wait that was what they said about Trump. My bad

Yeah... I thought of that, too. We get to a place in life where we love where we live, we love being retired, we could live comfortably with what we had and were still in pretty good health.

Leave it to a f**king democrat to come along and f**k that up. His inflationary policies are bad enough but the moron in chief isn't satisfied with just ruining the middle class financially. He's gotta go and try his damnedest to start WWIII as icing on the "I HATE AMERICA" cake.

I absolutely hate that man and I don't have a lot of love for anyone who helped put him there. If it was up to me there'd be a "Stupid Tax" assessed to every idiot who voted for Biden to be collected and redistributed to those who voted for ANYONE else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom