More inflation September 2022 version

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spending won’t really slow down until folks have maxed out their credit cards. It’s going to take a bit for that to happen, but hard times are ahead of us.
I don't know about that. Half the people I know have already maxed out their CC's keeping food on the table and the lights on, or buying crap to mitigate their 'down time' during the pandemic. I agree that "hard times" are coming.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll start getting social security in January. It'll basically put us where we were, buying power wise, 2 years ago.

Two words... F**K this brain-dead, moron of a president and every f**king brain-dead moron that voted for him. I hope you're happy being an idiot...
The pos was installed not elected. Otherwise I agree.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The current central bank prime rate is 3.25%. That is still historically low. Wish they would quite pussy-footing around and get it up to a meaningful and effective zone. It's not working because, understandably, they are going so very slowly considering the circumstances. At this rate of increase (.75% at a time) it'll be the middle of next year before it's high enough to have it's intended effect.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a historic event. The world went dark for a year. We have been living off of inventory and that’s close to depletion. The rates have increased faster than anytime in history. A tsunami is coming because the rates haven’t had time to impact the economy and when the increase takes hold, it’s going to be a disaster.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The current central bank prime rate is 3.25%. That is still historically low. Wish they would quite pussy-footing around and get it up to a meaningful and effective zone. It's not working because, understandably, they are going so very slowly considering the circumstances. At this rate of increase (.75% at a time) it'll be the middle of next year before it's high enough to have it's intended effect.

Its a no win situation, raise the rate too fast too high and its panic, dont raise is high enough or fast enough its higher inflation by the day.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other issue going on is the QT. The monetary policy is causing a liquidity shortage around the globe. Banks are running out of cash, with the UK currently trying to mitigate that. Most folks aren’t taking this seriously or don’t really understand the ramifications of what we are going to go through.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other issue going on is the QT. The monetary policy is causing a liquidity shortage around the globe. Banks are running out of cash, with the UK currently trying to mitigate that. Most folks aren’t taking this seriously or don’t really understand the ramifications of what we are going to go through.

All cashless coming soon, they got it covered.

Seriously, we will see it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom