More of liberal tripe and cancel culture. This shouldn't surprise anyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amid the current hysteria of toppling statues and renaming things, we keep mindlessly expanding the cancel culture.

We are now seeing efforts to ban classics of Western and American literature. These hallowed texts are suddenly being declared racist or sexist by preening moralists.

Heather Levine Massachusetts teacher

1-80-300x300.jpg

“Very proud to say we got the Odyssey removed from the curriculum this year!”

Christina Sommers
@CHSommers

·
“Very proud to say we got the Odyssey removed from the curriculum this year!”

When I contacted Ms. Levine to confirm this, she replied that she found the inquiry “invasive.”

THIS—>”Under the slogan #DisruptTexts, critical-theory ideologues, schoolteachers & Twitter agitators are purging & propagandizing against classic texts—everything from Homer to F. Scott Fitzgerald to Dr. Seuss.” By ⁦
@MeghanGurdon
@WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/even-homer-gets-mobbed-11609095872

https://twitter.com/i/status/1374010753187946496

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back many years ago it was the liberals complaining about religious zealots wanting to cancel & burn books. My, my, my, how times have changed; now it's a full assault on any book deemed offensive by the "Woke" liberal crowd. It's almost a contest of who can come up with the most ludicrous concept of what is offensive. BUT..................they are so open minded; just ask them. If you don't agree, then it is you who is closed minded and............add any name you want. (misogynistic, Islamaphobic, homphobic, racist, Fascist, etc. etc. etc.)

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

• Five Classic books banned by an Alaska school board.
    The Matanuska-Susitna School Board has voted Wednesday 5-2 to remove “Invisible Man” by Ralph Ellison; “Catch-22” by Joseph Heller; “The Things They Carried” by Tim O’Brien; “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” by Maya Angelou; and “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I have read all but one of the books, but for spite I will read: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

There is a Library in Oklahoma City named after Ralph Ellison, a black man that wrote a book that called out prejudice's by both blacks and whites in the "Invisible Man". Simply does not play in today's narratives.

Latest posts

Top Bottom