More of liberal tripe and cancel culture. This shouldn't surprise anyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... I am so grateful that my wife and I agree that childhood adversity is important before the consequences start becoming real. We will always be there for both of them, but it is our job to make sure they don't need us to be.

This is how most of my generation learned several important things.
1. Actions have consequences.
2. My choices are the cause(s) of those consequences.
3. Most things worth doing are not always easy.
4. Sometimes no matter how hard you work or try, things don't work out the way you want.
5. Life is short, enjoy yourself.
6. Everyone has problems, try to help those you can.
7. ...
I can keep listing, but the point is, if everything is easy or provided by others when we are young we don't learn to work for or value what's truly important!

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is worse than just having a bunch of emboldened snowflakes. This feels more like a strong decline in the average American's ability to think critically.

I agree with this. When I'm talking about things with my kids, my go-to prompters are 1) Why is that? and 2) Walk me through that.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That is so woke of them I can hardly stand it. The pride I would feel if my child brought me this, I can't even imagine - I might just burst.

Of course I see fights at the end of the poker hand when no one can tell who won. 2 white dukes better than a pair of princesses? That doesn't seem quite right. In fact, I see a prince and a princess. How the he$$ is that not hateful gender labelling. I'm sure it has to be somehow, everything is.

But just think of how many women doctors we'll have now that little girls won't have their self-esteem stamped out by traditional playing cards. Oh, wait, women already make up the majority in medical school. They must not have played cards as children.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is so woke of them I can hardly stand it. The pride I would feel if my child brought me this, I can't even imagine - I might just burst.

Of course I see fights at the end of the poker hand when no one can tell who won. 2 white dukes better than a pair of princesses? That doesn't seem quite right. In fact, I see a prince and a princess. How the he$$ is that not hateful gender labelling. I'm sure it has to be somehow, everything is.

But just think of how many women doctors we'll have now that little girls won't have their self-esteem stamped out by traditional playing cards. Oh, wait, women already make up the majority in medical school. They must not have played cards as children.

I’m going to need you to temper that hate speech. We haven’t asked the female med school students if they actually identify as female or med school students. [emoji2361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised with today's wokeness that some songs are still played on the radio like "You're Sixteen" by Ringo Starr and "Kaw Liga" by Hank Williams or Charley Pride.
You think those Gen "Y"ers ever listen to classic oldies or country music stations on the radio? They're all listening to their Spotify playlists from their smartphones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom