More of liberal tripe and cancel culture. This shouldn't surprise anyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think anyone with the cancel culture metality should be shot. That's all. Done simply and on the cheap. Cancel culture is a cancer on society, period.
Yeah, I don't know if it should go that far, mental health help by real non brainwashed professionals is a must because these people have serious issues. Sadly many of these issues have been passed off as being normal by the sjw branch of mental health professionals for far too long.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe that they haven't canceled the movie blazing saddles. :)
I've actually heard it said that if you really like certain non-PC entertainment (like Married with Children, featuring Al Bundy's rants against everybody) you should get a physical copy format like DVD and have something to watch it with like an older DVD player that doesn't connect to the internet, before the World Wide Web overlords decide you don't need to be seeing that.
(In before all the techno geeks tell me that's wrong because ________.)

I'm kind of surprised with today's wokeness that some songs are still played on the radio like "You're Sixteen" by Ringo Starr and "Kaw Liga" by Hank Williams or Charley Pride.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amid the current hysteria of toppling statues and renaming things, we keep mindlessly expanding the cancel culture.

We are now seeing efforts to ban classics of Western and American literature. These hallowed texts are suddenly being declared racist or sexist by preening moralists.

Heather Levine Massachusetts teacher

1-80-300x300.jpg

“Very proud to say we got the Odyssey removed from the curriculum this year!”

Christina Sommers
@CHSommers

·

When I contacted Ms. Levine to confirm this, she replied that she found the inquiry “invasive.”

THIS—>”Under the slogan #DisruptTexts, critical-theory ideologues, schoolteachers & Twitter agitators are purging & propagandizing against classic texts—everything from Homer to F. Scott Fitzgerald to Dr. Seuss.” By ⁦
@MeghanGurdon
@WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/even-homer-gets-mobbed-11609095872

https://twitter.com/i/status/1374010753187946496

Here's another gut one:
https://krcgtv.com/news/offbeat/tee...equal-playing-cards-that-are-racially-diverse

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The liberal “cancel culture” is about virtue signaling ... they must let people know what good folks they are and how much better they are then (gasp) pesky conservatives.

It is also about using bullying tactics to capture control. They must control ... don’t let them.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amid the current hysteria of toppling statues and renaming things, we keep mindlessly expanding the cancel culture.

We are now seeing efforts to ban classics of Western and American literature. These hallowed texts are suddenly being declared racist or sexist by preening moralists.

Heather Levine Massachusetts teacher

1-80-300x300.jpg

Christina Sommers
@CHSommers

·

When I contacted Ms. Levine to confirm this, she replied that she found the inquiry “invasive.”

THIS—>”Under the slogan #DisruptTexts, critical-theory ideologues, schoolteachers & Twitter agitators are purging & propagandizing against classic texts—everything from Homer to F. Scott Fitzgerald to Dr. Seuss.” By ⁦
@MeghanGurdon
@WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/even-homer-gets-mobbed-11609095872

https://twitter.com/i/status/1374010753187946496

That in bold and underlined confirms it all. Ms. Levine is DEFINITELY a snowflake.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is worse than just having a bunch of emboldened snowflakes. This feels more like a strong decline in the average American's ability to think critically. Through my adult life I have learned that the truly intelligent people I run across have such a firm grasp on the things that interest them that they could clearly explain them to someone that had never even heard of the topic before. The depth of knowledge this requires is much greater than memorizing some text and passing a test regardless of the subject.

The people that are latching onto this cancel culture movement have no interest in ever putting in the effort or commitment to understand their own beliefs to the depth required to discuss the merits of their beliefs with the opposition. They need to cancel any opposing views because their view becomes obviously superficial when met with any form of questioning. We sat down with my son several weeks ago and watched Idiocracy, partly because he is 14 and the humor is relevant to him but also to expose him to an exaggerated view of what our current trajectory could lead to. Few things make me happier in my heart than hearing him compare some nonsense at school or on the news to the movie now, haha.

What I expect of our schools is to provide the academic tools to process the world, provide opportunity to practice focusing on a single topic, voicing questions, meeting goals and deadlines, and thinking critically. Obviously this has to be carried out at home as well, but I look at it like home is providing the guidelines for how their home and personal life should look and school provides guidelines for whatever their career will be whether it is sole proprietorship or working for someone else.

I bite my tongue a lot at family gatherings when our relatives that are also raising similar aged kids go through so much effort to "protect" their kids from any adversity. I am so grateful that my wife and I agree that childhood adversity is important before the consequences start becoming real. We will always be there for both of them, but it is our job to make sure they dont need us to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom