More Old vs New

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Times have changed. I remember in the 80's going to the mall, women were dressed very nicely. Going on a flight? Wear a sportcoat a button down shirt and khaki's, at a minimum. Your pockets held cigarettes, lighter, ticket, wallet, and moneyclip with a small lknife and fingernail file and cash. Even economy had enough room so the kid sitting behind you couldn't kick the back of your seat.

Now, much different. How much have things changed? On Sunday my wife and I went to Sprouts and a woman was wearing a bathrobe and pj's. Same can be seen at the mall. Flights, barely have enough room to breath, dogs in a crate have more space.

Levi's at one time were my go to brand, but now one is lucky to get 6 months out of a pair. Switched to Wrangler, their more expensive jeans seem to hold up better, but not quite as well as older jeans I have switched to Eddie Bauer jeans, they seem to last better than the aforementioned brands. Only issues I have had is the cuffs on the legs wear out a bit, but not much. I also hang my jeans up, they seem to do better than folded.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats the other thing we need to come back into style. Mustaches. My wife hates them, so at least if theyre fashionable again I might have a better chance of growing one. Its the only facial hair I can grow well, I actually grow a mean mustache, cant grow a beard to save my life.
My wife has never seen me without one, and we've been together over 31 years. The beard may come and go, but the mustache stays.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats the other thing we need to come back into style. Mustaches. My wife hates them, so at least if theyre fashionable again I might have a better chance of growing one. Its the only facial hair I can grow well, I actually grow a mean mustache, cant grow a beard to save my life.
Once I first started growing facial hair, I was almost always able to grow a beard. It took me until I was 22 or so before I could grow a mustache. Neither have left me since I've been able to grow either of them. I'll die covering up a goodly portion of my face. Everyone should thank me for that.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once I first started growing facial hair, I was almost always able to grow a beard. It took me until I was 22 or so before I could grow a mustache. Neither have left me since I've been able to grow either of them. I'll die covering up a goodly portion of my face. Everyone should thank me for that.

Beards! This is 5 months into one. I melted one a year ago while welding. Wasn’t my fault, a Buddy’s Jeep I was welding, stepped away and while I was gone he welded something that I was unaware of. I came back to see what all I needed to weld and when looking down at my weld, his weld melted the **** out of my beard.

B5BD71EC-FE55-40DC-9C78-715C2098A242.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom