More Parkland Revelations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This will end up like Hillary. 50 metric tons of evidence that gets gathered, shuffled, plundered, explored and then in about 15 years we'll all be asking ourselves, "whatever happened to the that FL school shooter"? "Oh yeah, nothing, I remember now, nothing."
Actually, the shooter himself has been charged with multiple counts of murder, and will likely spend the rest of his life behind bars, if he is not put to sleep.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When there is no doubt about a person’s guilt, why should they spend forever in prison for such a heinous crime? Execution seems appropriate.
I support the death penalty in appropriate cases, and we'll just have to see if this is one of these cases. In Cruz' case, the issue seems to be his mental state, and this, like the case of James Holmes, the Aurora theater shooter, the defense might be able to show that his mental state was such as to provide some form of mitigation which will save him from the needle.

Like with Holmes, I don't think there is any question that he did the act; the question will be whether or not he had the mental means to form criminal intent, and if the finder of facts says that he did, then the question becomes one of the penalty.

From the little I know of the case right now, I'd hazard a guess that he will be convicted, but spared the death penalty.

It's possible that Cruz might offer a guilty plea to avoid the death penalty. If I were the prosecutor in this case, I'd think long and had about accepting this kind of offer.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When there is no doubt about a person’s guilt, why should they spend forever in prison for such a heinous crime? Execution seems appropriate.

Agreed. Unprovoked, planned, wholesale, wanton murders and attacks on the innocent are the works of a person possessed of a hopelessly malignant spirit with no perceivable virtues and a capital debt owed for every life taken. The only good that might be wrought from this unnecessary tragedy would be to provide the public with an indelible memory through explicit example that the penalty for perpetrating such acts will be grave, swift and certain. A Nationally Televised ‘Public Hanging’ would suffice; but rather than a long drop on a short rope, it would be a more stark example to haul him a few inches above the deck and let him dance a bit.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I support the death penalty in appropriate cases, and we'll just have to see if this is one of these cases. In Cruz' case, the issue seems to be his mental state, and this, like the case of James Holmes, the Aurora theater shooter, the defense might be able to show that his mental state was such as to provide some form of mitigation which will save him from the needle.

Like with Holmes, I don't think there is any question that he did the act; the question will be whether or not he had the mental means to form criminal intent, and if the finder of facts says that he did, then the question becomes one of the penalty.

From the little I know of the case right now, I'd hazard a guess that he will be convicted, but spared the death penalty.

It's possible that Cruz might offer a guilty plea to avoid the death penalty. If I were the prosecutor in this case, I'd think long and had about accepting this kind of offer.

This is not an accusation, but what you’ve said sounds like something one might say if they didn’t believe in the existence of evil. That is the nature of this perpetrator, and his actions. Such evil should be met with swift justice.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is not an accusation, but what you’ve said sounds like something one might say if they didn’t believe in the existence of evil. That is the nature of this perpetrator, and his actions. Such evil should be met with swift justice.
Of course evil exists. To say or imply that I deny it is absurd. But, and this is one hell of an important 'but', mental illness also exists and if the illness was the major contributor to the act, that, at least to me, would be a mitigating factor in a jury's decision to impose the death penalty. It might not absolve Cruz of criminal responsibility, but it could a factor in deciding the penalty.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course evil exists. To say or imply that I deny it is absurd. But, and this is one hell of an important 'but', mental illness also exists and if the illness was the major contributor to the act, that, at least to me, would be a mitigating factor in a jury's decision to impose the death penalty. It might not absolve Cruz of criminal responsibility, but it could a factor in deciding the penalty.

When a patient has cancer, the effective treatment is to destroy it not to isolate it and keep it alive, anywhere. Cruz is like a cancer to society. There is no utility in considering his motives or mental state. He needs to be eradicated with prejudice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom