More Parkland Revelations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When a patient has cancer, the effective treatment is to destroy it not to isolate it and keep it alive, anywhere. Cruz is like a cancer to society. There is no utility in considering his motives or mental state. He needs to be eradicated with prejudice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you thought of the ramifications of what you just said here? US criminal law is based on the concept of responsibility for one's actions. If Cruz is punished without regard for his responsibility for his acts, what does that do to the rule of law?

Please let me ask this: should Cruz be given a trial? If as you say 'There is no utility in considering his motives or mental state. He needs to be eradicated with prejudice. ', then why bother to try him? Why not just take him out and put a bullet in his head?

Please, don't think I'm being spiteful here. Perhaps you didn't mean it quite it came out. But, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If US criminal law is predicated on the idea of responsibility and Cruz is adjudicated insane (thus, not criminally liable) how can he be punished?

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must agree that people who are in reality so mentally incompetent that they are unable to distinguish right from wrong should not be handled the same judicially as those whom are competent. This is a just policy. Jeffry Dalmer killed and ate parts of his victims and he was not deemed Mentally Incompetent.

However, a person who is competent enough to plan an attack, prepare and operate weapons, utilize an alarm system to flush victims and to escape...... there is no way that he is Mentally Incompetent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you thought of the ramifications of what you just said here? US criminal law is based on the concept of responsibility for one's actions. If Cruz is punished without regard for his responsibility for his acts, what does that do to the rule of law?

Please let me ask this: should Cruz be given a trial? If as you say 'There is no utility in considering his motives or mental state. He needs to be eradicated with prejudice. ', then why bother to try him? Why not just take him out and put a bullet in his head?

Please, don't think I'm being spiteful here. Perhaps you didn't mean it quite it came out. But, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If US criminal law is predicated on the idea of responsibility and Cruz is adjudicated insane (thus, not criminally liable) how can he be punished?

Due Process must be served. Those doing the adjudication were not eyewitnesses. The eyewitnesses should have been armed and could have served up due process on the spot.

Woody

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Due Process must be served. Those doing the adjudication were not eyewitnesses. The eyewitnesses should have been armed and could have served up due process on the spot.

Woody

I agree, I don’t understand how he was taken alive to begin with. However, it will provide some insight into the mind of such a monster. I’ve recently had cause to inform my children that “monsters really exist, but they look like regular people. They’re not monsters because they have crazy powers or because they’re ghosts. They’re monsters because of their willingness to do evil to other people.”

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom