More stupid pigs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looked out my kitchen window yesterday and saw some stupid pigs. Dont come up to my back yard when Im home stupid pigs.
stupid pig 1.jpg
stupid pig 2.jpg

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work! Keep it up, there's plenty more where those came from. But it does feel great to reduce their numbers at any given time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I could find some place to get some. Could use a ton of sausage in the freezer.

Just curious, how does sausage from wild pig compare to store-bought? I'm not a huge fan of deer, honestly, don't care for the gaminess, and yes, I've heard all the methods to remove it. But I'm asking about pig... am I gonna get one of these (someday) and think, "Ugh, no mas!"? We eat a lot of sausage in my house, we use it for many things to mix in or substitute for ground beef, so I would like to think about taking some hogs for that purpose.

I know the boars are not supposed to be good to eat, so that makes me wonder if the gals are just "less" of the same, thus people can tolerate them. I don't like gamey, musky, whatever kind of taste. I lived in Ireland for a year and all their meat (except the chikkin) tasted funny, because they didn't grain-feed it before slaughter (so I was told) - therefore I always skip "grass-fed" meats.

Oh, and congrats on getting a couple more "breeders" out of the way!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious, how does sausage from wild pig compare to store-bought? I'm not a huge fan of deer, honestly, don't care for the gaminess, and yes, I've heard all the methods to remove it. But I'm asking about pig... am I gonna get one of these (someday) and think, "Ugh, no mas!"? We eat a lot of sausage in my house, we use it for many things to mix in or substitute for ground beef, so I would like to think about taking some hogs for that purpose.

I know the boars are not supposed to be good to eat, so that makes me wonder if the gals are just "less" of the same, thus people can tolerate them. I don't like gamey, musky, whatever kind of taste. I lived in Ireland for a year and all their meat (except the chikkin) tasted funny, because they didn't grain-feed it before slaughter (so I was told) - therefore I always skip "grass-fed" meats.

In my experience, boars and gilts smell and taste pretty much the same up to about 100 lbs(+/-). My rule on pigs is, if I smell them when I walk up, the buzzards are getting a treat.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my experience, boars and gilts smell and taste pretty much the same up to about 100 lbs(+/-). My rule on pigs is, if I smell them when I walk up, the buzzards are getting a treat.
And you can smell them a long way off.
We've tried everything from the piglets to the old boars. The meat is just not good to me no matter what you do to it. That's just me. Last time I tried to cook some, it took a year to get the smell out of the kitchen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom