More Than 2 Dozen Guns Stolen From NW OKC Cabela's Store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guns were locked up. Locked store, locked case. I used to work at the Cabela's gun counter in WA, and as was mentioned to put all those guns back in the vault every night, and then put them back out in the morning would be impossible. Just trying to keep the display cases/racks full was a daily chore. By the time you put half of them away, it would be time to start taking them back out.

So the "it's their fault comment" was sarcasm relating to several previous comments where some members blamed gunstore owners for thefts where they didn't put their guns in the safe every night.

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No disrespect people but I think it looks more like a female doing this crime.
Pear shape of the body.. small ankles and the way the hammering was performed.
Watch the video and the way this person carries their self.

I really think female.
but could be a male video playing fat punk A$$

Negative tramp stamp sign....

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guns were locked up. Locked store, locked case. I used to work at the Cabela's gun counter in WA, and as was mentioned to put all those guns back in the vault every night, and then put them back out in the morning would be impossible. Just trying to keep the display cases/racks full was a daily chore. By the time you put half of them away, it would be time to start taking them back out.

Nah.
I worked at the Tinker BX who does store their guns in a locked walk in safe every night. Takes about an extra hour, and that includes cataloging all 1500+ guns with hands on box reporting. We had about 100 guns in the glass display cases and you just lift the racks of pistols out and put them on dollies, put long guns in rifle socks and wheel them all back into the safe. It’s really not hard, I closed by myself most of the time, it’s a shame other businesses don’t do this, it’d keep a lot of guns off the streets, this is just lazy.

I got jumped all over when “Safety First” got robbed in Edmond a few years back and I said the same thing but cmon.. even Walgreens locks up their narcs in a safe at night..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah.
I worked at the Tinker BX who does store their guns in a locked walk in safe every night. Takes about an extra hour, and that includes cataloging all 1500+ guns with hands on box reporting. We had about 100 guns in the glass display cases and you just lift the racks of pistols out and put them on dollies, put long guns in rifle socks and wheel them all back into the safe. It’s really not hard, I closed by myself most of the time, it’s a shame other businesses don’t do this, it’d keep a lot of guns off the streets, this is just lazy.

I got jumped all over when “Safety First” got robbed in Edmond a few years back and I said the same thing but cmon.. even Walgreens locks up their narcs in a safe at night..
Did I read that Academy had their display cases on wheels, and rolls the entire case into a large walk in safe?

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having halfass storage procedures doesn’t make store owners anymore at fault for breaks ins than parking a new Porsche in the hood and leaving the keys in it means you want someone to steal your car... but it still doesn’t make it a smart move, particularly with a high sought after item criminals can not obtain otherwise.

The fact is, had they locked their guns in a walk in safe or behind anything other than 1/4 inch glass... we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.

I want to side with store owners, and I get their point... but knowing some really ballsy criminals now have dozens of firearms because Joe wanted to get off at 730 instead of 830 doesn’t really put me at ease to support their “but I shouldn’t have to” attitude.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having halfass storage procedures doesn’t make store owners anymore at fault for breaks ins than parking a new Porsche in the hood and leaving the keys in it means you want someone to steal your car

My first time visiting NYC as a young country bumpkin, I saw lots of parking around Times Square that was open a block off of 5th avenue with no vehicles anywhere. Parking lots were full.
We decided to use a $2 parking lot (in the 70's) because it was closer.
I asked the attendant why everyone parked here vs parking in the free lot.
He said within an hour of walking away, your vehicle would at the least been on blocks to remove the mag wheels or at worst not been there at all. Lesson learned.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah.

You obviously have not seen how many guns a large Cabela's has on display. 1500 guns? That's cute.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first time visiting NYC as a young country bumpkin, I saw lots of parking around Times Square that was open a block off of 5th avenue with no vehicles anywhere. Parking lots were full.
We decided to use a $2 parking lot (in the 70's) because it was closer.
I asked the attendant why everyone parked here vs parking in the free lot.
He said within an hour of walking away, your vehicle would at the least been on blocks to remove the mag wheels or at worst not been there at all. Lesson learned.

Back in the '60's, I had a friend that had a '60's model Corvette. He went off to some school in Denver. Every time after that, when he came home, he would be sitting on orange crates or something similar. They would steal the seats out of that thing every time he replaced them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom