1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

More than one suppressor waiting approval

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Preacherman, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Preacherman

Preacherman Sharpshooter

Does anyone have wait time experience buying a suppressor and then a few weeks later buying another. My question is would the second one hold up the approval of the first?

2. amcardon

amcardon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'll hopefully be able to tell you soon... One accepted 2/26, one on 3/8, and one on 3/12. The one from 2/26 was approved 9/11 and received at FFL on 9/17. Waiting for the next one to be approved.

I'm tired and apparently my reading comprehension is no bueno right now. I don't believe a second Form 4 will influence the first at all. Mine that was just approved was 6.5 months from the check cashed date on a trust, I feel like that was pretty good, and had submitted 2 others shortly after the first.

3. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It won’t change anything either way. You would think the subsequent background check would piggy-back on the first, but they are still processed independently.

Forms submitted at the same time are usually processed together. But, issues could hold up one and not the other.

4. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Fascinating that ya can buy/possess firearms in a few minutes, but it takes 6 months (or longer) to get possession of a suppressor.

The logic escapes me. :/

GlockPride and dennishoddy like this.
  5. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Especially with today’s technology, I don’t see any excuse for it.

MacFromOK likes this.
  6. Oxbow

Oxbow Marksman

i seem to have two or three in process all the time now it seems. They all seem to be running around 6 to 7 months right now.

7. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Just because our .gov is addicted to regulation and taxation. They believe EVERYTHING should be taxed - even breathing, according the former administration.

8. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    What is really disturbing is the number of people who would like to see him still in office.

MacFromOK likes this.
  9. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    They're gonna push for more of the same... they wanted to repeal the term limits. Hell, they LOVE having lifetime liberals in power to push whatever agenda leads to bigger gov't. While many of us on the other side want more LIMITS to terms. I'd love to see very strict term limits on a national level.