More vehicle woes. <sigh>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We went with some friends back in the '90s, and I believe it was still an option then (with a toll charge). But there wasn't much on the other side, so we just walked across.
:drunk2:

now there’s a gondola that will take you across. You can still walk across too though. I probably won’t go back. Scared the hell out of me.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did that trail last year in my LX. There were a couple spots, I wish I'd rented a jeep. It's beautiful though. I'll be interested in your report, we'll probably head that way in a month or so.
Yep, then we hike up the mountain, above the tree line. Killer view.

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yes you can. They may have stopped it back some years ago after the wildfires in the area that damaged some of the bridge planks. When we were last there, one could drive across.

And then there is this:

Car Club Bookings At Royal Gorge Bridge

I just don’t think you can drive across it whenever you want like you could back before. There’s a ton of people walking back and forth across all day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
now there’s a gondola that will take you across. You can still walk across too though. I probably won’t go back. Scared the hell out of me.

No kidding, the bridge is not passable anymore?
We drove and walked across it 20 something years ago give or take.
Walking across with vehicles going across at the same time reminded one that it was a true suspension bridge.
Edit: I’m late to the thread. Saw the updates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom