More vehicle woes. <sigh>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are not towing, before you spend $60,000 + on a vehicle, go drive a Dodge Grand Caravan or the new Pacifica. Just as much room as the SUV's mentioned for less than half the price. And that 283 HP V6 is an animal.
I’d recommend looking at their reliability and crash test railings. It’s ugly.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
All I can advise is don't replace one Chevy for another Chevy unless you plan on doing it frequently. Keeping lower miles on each one then selling for another low milage one. One of the guys I work with just keeps forking out the money on Tahoe and Suburban repair. I can't tell you how many engine, transmission and wheel bearing issues he's had in the last five years. 150k-175k on both iirc.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the reason that if I'm not ready to buy a new car, I stay the h*ll away from the dealers. It can be painful to drive new and then hop back in your old vehicle which now seems loud and crappy, rattles, vibrates and so on.

It's kind of like when the wife and kids just want to go 'look' at puppies. Yeah, I'm sure you won't like the puppies once you hold them.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My best friend will trade off a vehicle instead of just buying new tires, and he’s upside down to the point he’ll probably never own a vehicle outright. Once he gets that new car smell in his nose, he’s going to trade no matter what it costs. It’s like an illness.

I’ve got 4 trucks I pay insurance on, and the newest is a 2012. My “road trip” truck (2011 F250 4 dr 4x4 gas burner) has 185k on it, but it’s perfect mechanically. With what vehicles cost today, I have absolutely no desire to trade, and like has been said, I can do ALOT of repairs for what the note on a new one would be.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got some crowd control issues you need to take care of, do you? Or maybe a meeting with a curb or median? Or could it be there’s a couple power poles that you don’t like very much? :bolt:

sorry, couldn’t help myself.

LOL its all good.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The interest alone on that 7 year note for an $80k burb (an absolutely asinine amount for a vehicle that can’t make you money for work) would probably bulletproof your vehicle for the future, that you’ve just replaced the two most costly repair items it has.

FWIW I’m not against new vehicles, because I’m not a mechanic and the repair costs are so high. Buy the right model and you can pencil out the mileage when you sell it as being worth owning for the reliability and peace of mind. But I have only bought one new vehicle for myself. I try to keep my wife in a new vehicle, and I drive something I can pay cash for. I also try to be very diligent about those used vehicles so that I can drive them for a couple years then make some money on them when I sell them. I sure love getting paid to drive a vehicle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom