More vehicle woes. <sigh>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The interest alone on that 7 year note for an $80k burb (an absolutely asinine amount for a vehicle that can’t make you money for work)

At one time I felt the same way about expensive cars, Rolex..... the fact is it really depends on what you do and where you are at in life. My older brother wanted to get into finance right after college. Financed a Rolex gmt and got all sorts of grief from my humble father. That financed investment has opened so many doors for him including a hedge fund. If you think 80k is high Don’t get me started on my wife’s car. But. Her company gives her money monthly as a car bonus. Ot has to be a nice one because she uses it to represent them. Hopefully we will have I paid off in a year or two. The interest is a tax ride off

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Be careful of vehicles of FB marketplace and Craigslist, because many of them have salvage or rebuilt titles. At least that’s what I’m finding since I’ve been looking for my daughter a first car.:anyone:
Oh yeah...There are a lot of things to be aware of when buying a used vehicle. Buyer beware. Kinda like gun shopping on Armslist.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it makes you happy and does not put you in the poor house then do what you want to do.

The Tahoe is a good platform but you need good parts not the cheap ones.
Moog for suspension pieces. I have had great luck with National and Timken bearings and seals.

Stuff sometimes breaks.
For me it is not a big deal because I fix all my own stuff and I love my older vehicles.
I always wondered why people would finance a new car at $30K or more.

There are very nice classics you can get 50-60-70's vehicles that have been done well with heat and ac.
Wind noise is higher in those old vehicles.. but i think that is what the radio is for.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same shoes here, replace or repair.
2010 Ram diesel, 210k, work truck. Transmission is acting up. I go back and forth, but seeing $60k+ is not something I wish for right now. The tax deduction would pay for 1/3 of the price, but damn.
I decided to order a new Jasper transmission, $5k installed.
Jeep is on the rack at the moment, rear axle, seal, and bearing replacement.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time I felt the same way about expensive cars, Rolex..... the fact is it really depends on what you do and where you are at in life. My older brother wanted to get into finance right after college. Financed a Rolex gmt and got all sorts of grief from my humble father. That financed investment has opened so many doors for him including a hedge fund. If you think 80k is high Don’t get me started on my wife’s car. But. Her company gives her money monthly as a car bonus. Ot has to be a nice one because she uses it to represent them. Hopefully we will have I paid off in a year or two. The interest is a tax ride off

like I said, asinine if it isn’t making you money. Your wife’s car sounds like a tool to be utilized for business, and the Rolex as well (and what a novel thought, he must run in circles I’ve only heard of). The only vehicles I buy new are trucks that get written off on farm deduction, and they get utilized for that. I’m not scared of good debt, big or small, because it earns more than it costs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom