Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I eat drum also and I seen one snagged below Gibson and a guy had a scale and it went over 45 lbs!! I thought they took it with them as I went up to take a long sleep in my 82 mustang,, when the light reappeared the next morning I seen that fish dead and stiff laying up on the rocks 50 feet from the water where those guys weighed it.

After that and seeing people carrying the small spoonbill to the top and dropping them over it was fight time!
I warned all who tried that stunt that I would toss them over.. I was about 26 at that time and wished a warden would show up.

It stopped them. No one seemed to want to scrap.

Keep your eyes out for Oyster Mushrooms also.. They are still out and very tasty.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went looking today, found none...i'm thinking a few more warm days before the first ones poke out here. Heard lots of turkey gobbles though, got me very excited. Im thinking with morels and turkeys, spring is the best hunting season.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know of a few found in the last couple of days south of Shawnee and in the Seminole area..............still not prime yet.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't make it out last weekend as I flew in Friday night and back out Sunday. Going to give it a go this coming weekend though. Taking vacation Friday to make a 3 day weekend, unfortunately it looks like the weather is not going to cooperate with the fishing plans :(

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know of a couple of guys who come down from MO and sack them up.........take them home and sell them. They'll put ads out here in OK and sell them too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom