MORELS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There goes Dennis's public spot....
LOL,
With 37.500 acres, that is a slim possibility, BUT, there are some areas, that are well known. Just have to be there at the right time. Unfortunately, some social media places other than this one tend to identify their favorite spots.
Others like one I found a couple years ago next to a major highway had people notice me there, and now its rare i drive by there these days without seeing somebody walking around with a walmart sack at their side.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We dehydrate them every year. Seal and store in mylar with an oxygen absorber. Not quiate as good as fresh but in November they are about as good as you can get. We enjoy them.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Found 2 days ago by cousins in Caddo County
Morels.png

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bread them and put in hot Crisco and partial cook them take out let cool and freeze. When taken out of freezer. do not thaw out drop in oil and cook
I stumbled upon a bag I had forgotten about in the freezer. They were being saved for fall company that never arrived.

These were cut in half and washed. Then dipped in egg, dusted with flour and put on a waxed cookie sheet and frozen. Once frozen they were bagged and vacuum packed. Dropping in hot oil without thawing is a must.

They're almost as good as fresh, but not quite. Most people probably couldn't tell the difference once cooked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom