Mosin Nagant 1937 Izensky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should think gracious would not be a word associated with your post. I did own up and when I figure out how to remove the thread, altogether, I shall. Not sure why 'having a thick skin" is a needed asset for OSA.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should think gracious would not be a word associated with your post. I did own up and when I figure out how to remove the thread, altogether, I shall. Not sure why 'having a thick skin" is a needed asset for OSA.

This would be why a thick skin would be an asset on here; to pitch a fit and threaten to go back to lurking after deleting the entire thread indicates a lack thereof. Someone with a thick skin would have said, "Thanks, the misspelling in my thread title was an auto-correct that I failed to notice before posting. I'll ask a mod to change the title to reflect the correct spelling so no one is confused. Appreciate it."

Again, I'm sorry you don't see my point. Nice rifle, btw.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pitch a fit? Sorry no. I don't pitch fit's. How about this? Thanks, the misspelling in my thread title was an auto-correct that I failed to notice before posting...yada...yada...yada". I did note this, but did not see any reason to fix it. Seemed a bit trivial. Just out of curiosity I google searched the misspelling and got the exact spelling and tons of information with no confusion.
Lurking huh? That's a word attached by the internet to mean exactly what, observing for information or hiding in the shadows for some evil intent?
I may see your point, but fail to see your tact.
You may not suggest to me what to "appreciate" as a justification for your veiled insult wrapped in a compliment. Note your last post. Rip, rip, rip and then "nice gun btw".
I'm done with this. I'll go back to "lurking".
Just wondering one thing. Should I assume that you are perfect? No response required.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't consider "when I figure out how to remove the thread" to be pitching a fit? Instead of just letting it go, you want to throw out the baby with the bathwater by deleting the entire thread; isn't this rather like pitching a fit?

And, if "Isn't it 'Izhevsk'?" is perceived to be an insult, you really do need to grow a thicker skin.

And the answer is "Nope." I've made plenty of mistakes, and will continue to do so, but I won't threaten to delete an entire thread over a mistake.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
/facepalm...

That's a very nice Izzy though. Very clean for a pre-war stock. I have a 32 hex and a 42 round, both Izzy. The hex is definitely the better shooter.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Catt57. Can you send me a pic? These guns are addicting and being fairly new to them, enjoy seeing others. Any suggestions on them would be appreciated.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a readily available pic of the 42 Izzy, but here are the others:

My 1932 Izzy in a refinished stock.
i.imgur.com_CXzVAPN.jpg

and my 91/59 built from a 1943 receiver. Bubba got to it before I did. Shoots very well though.
i.imgur.com_ErHYUHB.jpg

Makes a massive fireball....
i.imgur.com_DclDsDM.jpg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The recoil pad is a direct replacement to the metal plate, no modification needed. Can be found on Amazon or eBay fairly easily for under $10. The 91/59 is still the way I got it (except for replacing the cross-threaded firing pin and cocking knob). Not sure what is on the stock at this point.

Black:
http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Nagant...8&qid=1456935313&sr=8-1&keywords=mosin+recoil
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-MOSIN...648189?hash=item2ebf94137d:g:X4sAAOxy2FZSQak4

Brown:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BROWN-MOSIN...220201?hash=item5d3261ab69:g:fFcAAOxy2FZSQauG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom