• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Mosin nagant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Good evening gents and gals!

so I recently acquired a large amount of Russian pull down rifle powder and upon researching, it was originally likely loaded in 7.62x54r. So I decided if I could find a decent priced mosin Nagant, I might want to snag one and work up a load for hunting. So, if anyone has a mosin laying around they don’t love, preferably non Sporterized, please let me know! Have various trades or cash. Located in norman. happy hunting!

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mosin prices have gone through the roof. You might look into the PU snipers. The prices for those has stayed pretty steady, and they have a great historical and collector value. Great shooters, too. The glass on them is very high quality, and even by today's standards the original optics aren't bad at all.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Oh I know they have. Haha. I wish I could still buy them at the 150-200 range for a nice one, but now I know they are double that on average and only going higher and higher. I can still use the powder in everything from 223-375hh, but figured if a good priced Nagant popped up I could do that too. Ha

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh I know they have. Haha. I wish I could still buy them at the 150-200 range for a nice one, but now I know they are double that on average and only going higher and higher. I can still use the powder in everything from 223-375hh, but figured if a good priced Nagant popped up I could do that too. Ha
Yea they're up there now where you can buy a pretty decent modern rifle instead. But those PU snipers have been stable for a long time, and I feel like they're still a good bargain for what they are, assuming you get a real one. A real one is going for anywhere from 700-1000 last I checked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom