Mossberg / New Haven 250K date of manufacture?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to get some information on a Mossberg / New Haven model 250K semiauto .22 LR rifle. I purchased this rifle on Gunbroker and have not yet received it. It appears to be in really nice condition. Beautiful wood and bluing with just a few minor dings. Now I know this was a budget gun made by Mossberg under the New Haven name. One source stated the guns were made between 1950 and 1960. A lot of the budget guns from this time period are of extremely high quality and have beautiful wood. Does anyone have any experience with one of these rifles? Anyone know the approximate value?
250k.jpg
pix522044900.jpg

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While searching through some old on line forums I saw one of these for sale for $150. That was in 2009. So east forward 11 years + and I figure mine was close to being in line with the way gun prices increase.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New Haven Model 250K is in. I've already field stripped it and inspected the bore. Really good shape with deep rifling. Metal is good with good bluing and only a few little scratches. The stock appears to be walnut. Really pretty walnut. I've stripped off the original finish and sanded the wood down. What I found was some beautifully figured grain walnut. I mean this is an old bargain brand .22 rifle from the late 50's or early to mid 60's. Definitely pre '68 as it has no serial number. Tongue oil finish coming next.
250K.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom