Mossberg should have left their original receiver trademark style alone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The unsightly new-style trademark along with a rougher fit-and-finish on new Mossbergs was the deal-breaker for my consideration of a new-production Mossberg pump. I've owned two Mossberg pumps, a 500 and a 590 both, made in the 1990's with the trademark style I like an can attest to the older Mossberg's build quality as well. In 1999, one of my Mossy's was stolen and never recovered and the other I had to sell for needed cash in 2004. Money is better now for me. Right now, I have a hankering for a minty older-model Mossy pump with that coveted older-style marking on the receiver bottom that I have already known, owned, miss and loved so.

Attachments

• mossberg trademarks.jpg
    mossberg trademarks.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 83

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the same can be said for a lot of the old manufacturer markings. And the build quality as well.
I'm not about about to pay $1,000+ for a brand-new lowly PUMP shotgun with BERETTA or ITHACA GUN COMPANY markings on it. Remington and Winchester are no longer the same anymore. I liked Browning when they were built in Belgium. The world is gravitating toward China-quality typical of stuff peddled in Walmarts. It's about greed. No more pride and work ethic.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Coke shouldn't have changed their formula either. Maybe you can petition Mossberg into changing back to the old style by having them use "Mossberg Classic" in their logo😁

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The unsightly new-style trademark along with a rougher fit-and-finish on new Mossbergs was the deal-breaker for my consideration of a new-production Mossberg pump. I've owned two Mossberg pumps, a 500 and a 590 both, made in the 1990's with the trademark style I like an can attest to the older Mossberg's build quality as well. In 1999, one of my Mossy's was stolen and never recovered and the other I had to sell for needed cash in 2004. Money is better now for me. Right now, I have a hankering for a minty older-model Mossy pump with that coveted older-style marking on the receiver bottom that I have already known, owned, miss and loved so.
From the troll that complains about living in Oklahoma because he's broke, now he's in the market for a "minty" shotgun. JFC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-211846_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-211846_Gallery.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Top Bottom