Motorcycles!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
How are they for small commutes?

I was thinking about getting something small and cheap for now, probably in the 600-800 range for now (4cylinder) since my commute is just 2.5miles and I don't expect to ride a lot for the time being.

I intend to get to the point of riding a lot, but my wife is just getting to the point of being comfortable with me being back on two wheels after wrecking it right before we got engaged.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 919 is the bike I want! How long have you had it?

I bought it in 2007 or 2008 I believe. I used to commute on it all the time down in Dallas and I loved it (still do). When I moved back up here I started going on rides with my brother and he likes to go for 3-4 (or more) hour rides. As much as I love the 919, I'm not built for 3-4+ hour rides on it. Just can't bring myself to sell it though because I love getting on empty back roads and opening it up. :-)

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How are they for small commutes?

I was thinking about getting something small and cheap for now, probably in the 600-800 range for now (4cylinder) since my commute is just 2.5miles and I don't expect to ride a lot for the time being.

I intend to get to the point of riding a lot, but my wife is just getting to the point of being comfortable with me being back on two wheels after wrecking it right before we got engaged.
Great for commuting...short or long distances.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
got a slew of bikes, but main rides are 1981 BMW R80 G/S and 2007 KTM 525 EXC in supermoto mode.

will always ride with full armour and kevlar helmet! gets to be a major PITI riding with full riding suits when it's a 100f + outside ..

it's not a matter if you will go down, but when. wearing a full armour suit with helmet could make the difference between getting up and walking away vs getting killed like HD riders with no gear on after a simple get off.

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
got a slew of bikes, but main rides are 1981 BMW R80 G/S and 2007 KTM 525 EXC in supermoto mode.

will always ride with full armour and kevlar helmet! gets to be a major PITI riding with full riding suits when it's a 100f + outside ..

it's not a matter if you will go down, but when. wearing a full armour suit with helmet could make the difference between getting up and walking away vs getting killed like HD riders with no gear on after a simple get off.

Agreed. I didn't have good gear before, and it's all gone now, but I intend to get helmet/jacket/gloves/boots before riding again, and as much protection in them as possible, without spending a fortune.

Latest posts

Top Bottom