Motorized Perp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Most of the time they use the power chair motors to build stuff like that. There is someone else controlling it with a simple controller. Converting a power chair into something like this is probably the easiest way to do it. Replace the stick controller with a RC controller and you are ready to go for slow movement. If you want fast movement like in the video you have to also make modifications to the speed controller or make your own.

BTW if someone wants to do something like this for real and not just kicking tires I have a couple of power chairs one in particular would work fairly easily by just taking off the seat and putting a post in place and then removing and placing new support wheels. I also have some large enough that you could probably move around furniture on them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty cool. I've seen those motorized targets before. That would be great training.
One of the guys at our range used a garage door opener assembly to build one that ran back and forth between cover where you had to shoot the target for score. The problem was the motor on garage door openers aren't rated for 100% duty factor. It got hot and quit with the thermal overloads tripping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom