1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Mouse Gun

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by dennishoddy, Mar 23, 2020.

1. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I alway keep a .380 KelTek P3-AT in the front pocket with the laser on it.
    Played with the laser in the past at night teasing critters or during a rainstorm like a light saber.
    It was cloudy enough at the range today that the laser dot could be seen on the target at 10 yards.
    Shot some steel plates successfully and decided to shoot from the hip using the dot only.
    It worked out better than I ever thought it would. Brought the confidence level way up.

[​IMG]

2. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Do you carry it in a pocket holster or does the gun go commando? I’ve got an LCP I carry at times in the front pocket with a holster.

retrieverman likes this.
  3. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It's in a desantis holster that also has a spare mag carrier attached. The holster is designed for cargo type pockets. Fits well in some, and not real well in others, but it's always in there.

retrieverman and OKCHunter like this.
  4. xseler

xseler These are not the firearms you're looking for.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I gotta be real careful with lasers outside ---- I live really close to Tinker AFB. Don't think they'd take kindly to an 'incident'!!

retrieverman, kwaynem and dennishoddy like this.
  5. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Just don't shine a green one at the cockpit!

retrieverman and kwaynem like this.
  6. O4L

O4L Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    A lot of operators poo poo on lasers but they have their place.

7. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    They certainly do. You don't have to bring the gun to the eye, just put the dot on the target. They can also give away your location with smoke, snow, rain going on if your that type of operator.
    I've always considered the Keltek a belly gun, only to be used when bubba has you on the ground, pounding your lights out. Bring it out, put it in their belly and end the situation, but that performance at 10 yards from the hip was a confidence builder since most altercations will be much closer statistically.

8. retrieverman

retrieverman Sharpshooter

I’ll share my opinion of front pocket carry, and y’all can ignore it like my father in law did.

I advised my father in law many times against pocket carry, because access can be restricted if your pockets are too tight or if you’re bent over. Well, my father in law was feeding his neighbor’s dog while they were on vacation. He knows the folks and their dog well. On the third day, my FIL was bent over pouring food into the bowl, and the dog bit him in the face and hung on. With my him bent over and off balance, there was no way he could get his pistol out of his right front pocket, but fortunately, the dog did let go. He was bleeding like crazy and had to go immediately to the hospital for stitches.
    My FIL has 3 degrees from Texas A&M, so like all aggies, he’s the smartest guy in whatever room he’s in and didn’t learn a d*mn thing. He still carries in his front pocket.

dennishoddy and chazroh like this.
  9. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    How does he feed the dog now? Maybe he did learn something?

retrieverman likes this.
  10. retrieverman

retrieverman Sharpshooter

No, the family moved to Arkansas shortly after that incident. The husband cheated on his wife, and they got divorced. My FIL does still pocket carry though, so no, he didn’t learn anything.:anyone:

dennishoddy and CHenry like this.