Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't afford to keep up with you guys, again Amazon wants $23.99 on top of my Prime membership for season 1. Longmire was on Netflix for no additional charge. Guess I will just have to stay in the dark.
Yeah, the different rights packages can be annoying. You can watch every episode of the series Psych! on Amazon Prime, but Psych the Musical and the later movie, you can’t stream them at all because Amazon doesn’t have the streaming rights for them, not even as rentals or purchases.

As for Nobody, that seems like a lot for a rental, but it’s not a terrible price for a movie that’s currently in theaters. I figure I would’ve paid that much to see it in a Director’s Suite at the Warren, so I could justify the price for skipping the drive. If you have two people watching it, it becomes an even better deal. Not that it’s for everyone, but that was part of my consideration when I decided to pony up for it.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're looking for something more than a movie --- and have Netflix, try The 100! There's 7 seasons and a storyline that's really not implausible for these times. I'm re-watching it now, getting ready to open up the 3rd season.

I think I was on season 3 when I stopped watching. I need to start it back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy you weren't joking about the $20.00, Amazon prime wants $19.99 just to rent the durn thing on top of what you pay for prime. Might be worth it but think I will wait till the rush is over and it gets down to a reasonable price or shows up on NetFlix.

Step 1: Acquire VPN service. I like Surfshark, $2/mo, fast servers.

Step 2: Install Kodi.

Step 3: Pick a host app... The Crew, Venom, Etc...

Have access to every movie and TV show for the cost of internet you already pay for and a VPN subscription.

Step 4: Optional. Subscribe to a debrid service to ensure cached file access in 1080/4k. $36/year, billed through Amazon.

Step 5: Sit back and enjoy getting one over on the commie child rapists in Hollywood and the woke companies that normally sell it to you while aiming to see your rights as a citizen revoked.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dog Day Afternoon (1975) tells the (mostly) true story of a 1972 bank heist in New York City that went bad for the perps. Sonny needs money to pay for his partner's sex-change operation, so he and another man decided to rob a bank to get it.

This is a taut thriller with excellent acting from Al Pacino, John Cazale, Charles Durning, and others that details how things went wrong for Sonny almost from the start and builds to a tragic ending for the two robbers. There is also a fair amount of tension portrayed between the NYPD and the FBI and the news media does not come out looking too well either. And with the goofy reason for the robbery, Sonny and his partner look like idiots.

This was a very unsparing film to most everyone concerned.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has Netflix aired any recent, substantial period flicks done well with little or no Hollywood action, along the lines of “Remains of The Day,” “The Pianist,” or “Driving Miss Daisy”?

Latest posts

Top Bottom