Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished an Entebbe marathon, watching all four movies about it. Victory at Entebbe, Raid on Entebbe, both TV movies from 1976, the Israeli-made Operation Thunderbolt (1977), and finally, 2018's 7 Days in Entebbe.

In 1976, German and Palestinian terrorists hijacked an Air France Airbus out of Athens and forced the pilot to go to Benghazi. Refueling there, they then flew south to Uganda, then under the control of Idi Amin. Their demand was the release of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons. giving a deadline after which they would kill their hostages.

The Israeli response was to send an elite unit of the IDF to Uganda and rescue the hostages, killing the terrorists in the process. More than 100 hostages, were returned to Israel with four Israeli deaths, including the commanding officer of the IDF rescue force, and one hostage, who, being in the hospital at the time, the Israelis had to leave behind.

They each had their faults but they were very good films about Entebbe.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We watched The Tomorrow War on Amazon last night. I liked it, thought it was entertaining. It's about an alien invasion in the future that wipes out most of mankind, so they come back in time to recruit an army to help fight them.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We watched The Tomorrow War on Amazon last night. I liked it, thought it was entertaining. It's about an alien invasion in the future that wipes out most of mankind, so they come back in time to recruit an army to help fight them.

I also watched that one last night. Good flick!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched Revenge with Kevin Costner this afternoon... it was okay, not great, but the female lead, Madeleine Stowe... I know I have seen her in something before. I can picture her character, and it was kind of a villain type but I can't place the show. I looked through her filmography on imdb.com and while I've seen 2-3 of the movies and shows she's done, I don't remember her being in them. It's driving me nuts!

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched Revenge with Kevin Costner this afternoon... it was okay, not great, but the female lead, Madeleine Stowe... I know I have seen her in something before. I can picture her character, and it was kind of a villain type but I can't place the show. I looked through her filmography on imdb.com and while I've seen 2-3 of the movies and shows she's done, I don't remember her being in them. It's driving me nuts!
In the TV show Revenge, she was the villain. Not sure of any movie’s

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stowe was Hal Moore's wife in We Were Soldiers. Excellent film!! She was also in Stakeout and Unlawful Entry, among others.

Attractive lady and a good actress.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Attractive lady and a good actress.
I think it must have been The General's Daughter. I saw that in her filmography, and I've seen it a couple of times, but in my feeble memory it "felt" like a series and more recent than that... I know there was some tension between her and the Travolta character, so I may be remembering that as she wasn't really a villain. She probably scowled at Travolta a few times, and that's what stuck.

I wanted to re-watch The General's Daughter last night, but couldn't find it on any of the streaming services I have (for free anyway), and I didn't think I'd be awake long enough to rent it. I think it was on Starz not that long ago so maybe it will pop up again, or I'll have to break down and rent it.

That was one of the few things in her filmography that I've seen, but I agree strongly with both above statements. Her roles in Revenge and The General's Daughter were very different, but she was very believable in both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom