Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a really awesomely bad, I mean, truly bad movie, thoroughly disgusting, rude, crude, and completely lacking in any redeeming social value, with low production values to boot, look no farther than Range 15

LMFAO! Dude, I made it twenty minutes in and had to turn it off. I love a good crappy movie, but even I've got standards lol. Two Lane Blacktop is just about my bottom limit of bad movies.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get the chance, check out The Expanse. Kinda slow moving but once you get into the story and the politics, it turns into a great series. Its modern moderate future scifi. Can stream on Amazon Prime.
I'll second The Expanse, but you have to have Amazon Prime to watch it because they own the streaming rights--they actually picked it up when SyFy figured out that it was actual sci-fi, not ghosts nor rasslin', and canceled it. I think it took Jeff Bezos almost thirty seconds to whip out his checkbook after SyFy dropped it.

The first season follows the books (well, in that case, book) pretty well. In all, they're following the through line of the books pretty well, although there have been some pretty serious deviations from it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMFAO! Dude, I made it twenty minutes in and had to turn it off. I love a good crappy movie, but even I've got standards lol. Two Lane Blacktop is just about my bottom limit of bad movies.
I can't stand zombie movies, so it's not something I would've watched on my own, but a friend of mine wanted to watch it. It was one of those things that you don't want to watch it, but you just can't look away.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't stand zombie movies, so it's not something I would've watched on my own, but a friend of mine wanted to watch it. It was one of those things that you don't want to watch it, but you just can't look away.

I'm with you. There are only three good zombie flicks in history.

Army of Darkness
Evil Dead
Shaun of the Dead

The rest are just miserable.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll second The Expanse, but you have to have Amazon Prime to watch it because they own the streaming rights--they actually picked it up when SyFy figured out that it was actual sci-fi, not ghosts nor rasslin', and canceled it. I think it took Jeff Bezos almost thirty seconds to whip out his checkbook after SyFy dropped it.

The first season follows the books (well, in that case, book) pretty well. In all, they're following the through line of the books pretty well, although there have been some pretty serious deviations from it.

I actually have the first 3 seasons on DVD. S4 is streaming but I dont know if it will hit DVD or Bluray or not...

I haven't read all the way through the books yet. I have a few on Audible but haven't finished them as yet

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with you. There are only three good zombie flicks in history.

Army of Darkness
Evil Dead
Shaun of the Dead

The rest are just miserable.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was actually a pretty good movie! It's one I watched because of someone else, but it was OK. Kinda followed the book, except for the added zombies.....

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Two of my all time favorite movies...

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Man On Fire (2004)

I recently rewatched "The Searchers" (1956) and "3:10 To Yuma" (1957).

Last edited:

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you get the chance, check out The Expanse.

I watched the first three seasons of this show and enjoyed them greatly,,,
Now this is what I call true Science Fiction vs. Science Fantasy,,,
I especially like the character "Amos".

Of course that's just my opinion but I believe it's valid.

I just checked and NetFlix hasn't released the fourth season as yet,,,
Thanks for the reminder to check on it.

One other enjoyable show I'll recommend in the Science Fantasy category is "Dark Matter".

It has to be by the same production facility as the Stargate shows,,,
I've recognized the names of many Stargate directors as well as Stargate writers and a few Stargate actors.

Fun show with interesting plot-lines.

Aarond

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One that many don't know about is the original of "The Quick and the Dead." However, one has to search for "Louis L'Amour's The Quick and the Dead" or you end up with the Hackman movie.

Louis L'Amour's stars Sam Elliott in a tale of some folks from Pennsylvania going west and encountering a band of outlaws. Elliott's character helps and teaches them as they go along.

Also with Sam Elliott and Tom Selleck was Louis L'Amour's "The Sacketts." Also had Ben Johnson and a flock of other well known stars in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom