Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 1959 film The Monster of Piedras Blancas was not too bad. Granted it was not Oscar material but it was still a fun watch. What appears to be a deformed Creature from the Black Lagoon is terrorizing a coastal town in California and devouring the residents.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 1940 Bob Hope comedy The Ghost Breakers with Paulette Goddard is pretty good. Goddard has inherited a supposedly haunted castle in Cuba and Hope is a radio personality who follows her when she sails to Cuba to take possession of it. Sinister forces seem bent on keeping our young, pretty heroine from taking it.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched To Hell and Back, the story of Audie Murphy, and I will start dinner and then watch Wake Island on the same disc
Thanks for the heads up . I was aware he was a war hero but didn't know the details. Found what I think is the same DVD you have on Amazon. Has 4 movies on it for $15.00 after taxes the two you mentioned plus Gray Lady down and Battle Hymn. Should be a good way to flitter away a hot Saturday afternoon.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If one is interested in the genre of WWII movies, check out "Go for Broke." It is a movie about the Japanese-Americans that served in the Army in Europe. Theirs was one of the units that received the most citations and medals.

If one doesn't mind the smaller screen of a computer, the movie is available on YouTube. The original was made back in the early '50's, and a later version, which I've never seen, was made just a few years ago. Since I seldom care for "remakes," I'll pass on the later version.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If one is interested in the genre of WWII movies, check out "Go for Broke." It is a movie about the Japanese-Americans that served in the Army in Europe. Theirs was one of the units that received the most citations and medals.

If one doesn't mind the smaller screen of a computer, the movie is available on YouTube. The original was made back in the early '50's, and a later version, which I've never seen, was made just a few years ago. Since I seldom care for "remakes," I'll pass on the later version.
Thanks!! Just ordered Go for Broke and Bad Day at Black Rock. Never heard of GfB but I have seen BDaBR. It had Spencer Tracy and Robert Ryan in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom