Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not a movie, but season 3 of Star Trek: Picard is really good so far. Based on what I'd seen on Star Trek: Discovery and heard from both people who liked and hated the show's first two seasons, I gave them a miss, and wasn't really planning on watching this final season. Then I watched one of the Critical Drinker's Open Bar segments, and one of his guests, who'd seen the whole season, said that it was a complete turnaround, and was actually really good. Then the Drinker himself reviewed it and called it good, so I decided to give it a shot.

It hasn't been perfect, but it has been very good, and it hasn't been infested with the "modern sensibilities" of some recent Trek.

The one drawback is that it's on Paramount+, so you have to subscribe to watch it. Fortunately, other membership programs have it as a perk (Walmart+ does, and I thought I saw something about a deal with Amazon Prime), or you could wait 'til the end of the season and binge it during a 7-day free trial.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Wild One is a 1953 movie with Marlon Brando where a group of bikers take over a small California town, terrifying the population.

I had always wanted to see it and just now found out that it is on youtube.

It was a good film even if the ending was a trifle too...…well, Hollywood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom