Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a movie . . . but a BBC series . . . Line of Duty.

S1-S4 are on Amazon Prime. I think they're getting ready to start S6.

If the first 3 episodes are any indication of how this series will go . . . holy crap.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a “friend” years ago that use to decrypt all his DVD’s to NAS and stream over his network. “He” used an old software called DVD Decrypt. There was another software that was bundled with it that “he” cannot remember the name of. They were all free softwares. “He” googled looking for them but came up empty handed. However, “he” found this article this morning with links to similar software. https://www.howtogeek.com/102886/how-to-decrypt-dvds-with-hardbrake-so-you-can-rip-them/
“He” wishes you luck.

My friend got the first DVD moved over in about 20 minutes, worked great! Thanks!

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched the new Without Remorse on Prime last Friday night. I was really looking forward to seeing it because of all the Tom Clancy novels I've read I thought it would make the best movie. I still think I'm right about that, but the only similarity this film has to the book is that a pissed off good guy goes Charles Bronson on the bad guys. Otherwise I doubt Clancy would recognize the story as his even though his name is all over it.

If you haven't read the novel you may enjoy it for a decent action flick. If you have read the book read it again. It's a much better story.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without Remorse was a great book, one of Clancy's best. This movie had some decent action scenes but other than that it sucked. Nothing like the book. Too PC and woke for me. A black female SEAL? What a bunch of BS.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without Remorse was a great book, one of Clancy's best. This movie had some decent action scenes but other than that it sucked. Nothing like the book. Too PC and woke for me. A black female SEAL? What a bunch of BS.
I didn't have a problem with a black female SEAL, but one built like she is incapable of lifting her own weight was not very believable. Nor was the CIA sending 2 operators on a covert mission that are incapable of blending in with the Russian population believable. I also thought the film had some pc undertones of evil white conservatives. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have remorse for watching "Without Remorse".

I recently watched "15 Minutes Of War" on Prime.

It's in French with subtitles but it's well worth the watch. It's a 2019 film based on a true story.

"In February 1976 in Djibouti, a school bus was taken hostage at the Somali border. The GIGN is sent on the spot. After 30 hours of tension, a rescue operation is organized."

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8060774/

Latest posts

Top Bottom