Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched most of The Foreigner a couple of weeks back. It stars Jackie Chan (in a rare dramatic role) as a former Vietnamese (IIRC, he was supposed to be Hmong) who immigrated to England after the fall of Saigon. When his only surviving daughter is killed in an IRA bombing, he uses his US Special Forces training to hunt down the people who did it. Meanwhile, Pierce Brosnan is a "former" IRA leader who is currently a deputy minister in the Northern Ireland coalition government, and he is also trying to track down which IRA members went off the reservation and carried out the bombing. Somehow Chan gets the idea that Brosnan knows who carried out the bombing (although he really doesn't in the beginning), and keeps trying to squeeze the names out of him.

It features a decent amount of Jackie Chan whoopin' up on people, albeit without his signature humor (again, a rare dramatic role for him), some decent gunplay, and some seriously cold actions by people on all sides. It's not all-time best cinema, but it's not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some old Vincent Price films just got here, including Pit and the Pendulum, Witchfinder, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, The Haunted Palace, Masque of the Red Death,

I enjoy watching him.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If any of you enjoy psychological thrillers, we just watched Fractured and it was pretty great. It is definitely one I recommend watching twice, because the movie is quite a bit different the second time around.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been in this thread already but I like the movie The Departed.
Yeah all the actors are far out lefties in real life and there isn't quite enough cussing in that movie (LOL) but I enjoy watching it anyway.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if it's been mentioned, probably, but Snatch is really great. In that same genre is Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Both are Guy Ritchie films, and I like them a lot. Also The Gentlemen is another crime heist/doublecross kind of film he did like that. I like that style quite a bit, like The Italian Job and such.

I'm also a Luc Besson fan and love The Fifth Element (Milla Jovovich doesn't hurt at all).

Latest posts

Top Bottom