Movies to Help Pass the Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched the 1951 film The Thing From Another World, about an encounter between the US military and a hostile alien at the North Pole. One of the true classic movies.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One that I need to get and watch again is High Road to China. It's a movie with Tom Selleck, Wilford Brimley, and Bess Armstrong. If one hasn't watched it, it is a story where Bess' character hires Selleck's character to search out her father (Brimley) that is in China. It has some cool scenes with WWI style airplanes.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One that I need to get and watch again is High Road to China. It's a movie with Tom Selleck, Wilford Brimley, and Bess Armstrong. If one hasn't watched it, it is a story where Bess' character hires Selleck's character to search out her father (Brimley) that is in China. It has some cool scenes with WWI style airplanes.

I remember liking that movie.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Re-watching the 1956 sci-fi flick, World Without End. This is a decent movie and one of my alll-time favorite films.

The first US space flight (a manned mission to Mars) has taken place in 1957 and after completing their mission, they are returning to earth. Suddenly, they hit a great turbulence and everyone on board is knocked out cold.

The ship crash-lands on a snowbank in some mountains, and our heroes figure out that they are on the earth several centuries in the future after a devastating atomic war.

In spite of the (by our standards) awful special effects, it is overall, a very good film, being well-acted, with a good plot and script.

It is available on DVD, and from what I hear, blu-ray.

A nice touch for me was the heroes carried S&W M&P revolvers, which became the Model 10.

Latest posts

Top Bottom