"Moving away from the city". What to expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a hot summer night in the country you can leave the window open and go to sleep hearing the sounds of crickets and dogs perhaps barking int he distance and an occasional coyote howling. I remember that from boyhood, lying awake listening and of course sweating under a flour sack sheet. It was a good and an innocent time. None of the neighbors had A/C either...

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enough of the negatives! On the positive side you can walk down to the mailbox in your American Eagle 3/4 briefs while scratching or just holding ‘The Boys” and nothing better than standing on your porch with a beer in one hand while using the other for support to the organ eliminating the previous 6 beers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enough of the negatives! On the positive side you can walk down to the mailbox in your American Eagle 3/4 briefs while scratching or just holding ‘The Boys” and nothing better than standing on your porch with a beer in one hand while using the other for support to the organ eliminating the previous 6 beers.

Hell, I’ve picked the garden in tightly whitey’s before in the A.M. looking for some asparagus to put in an omelet.
Do not fry bacon in that attire though!

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best of both worlds do exist but may be a little hard to find. We have 7 1/2 acres , 20 minutes from down town Tulsa, 5 minutes from Catoosa and a dollar store within walking distance. I can pee off my front porch and shoot in my back yard. Hardest part is keeping it mowed and long gravel driveway maintaince.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have resembled that remark! :)

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you known someone who owned a house near the Turner Falls area? I rode through there this weekend and you can see that they are building up enough infrastructure for there to be homes out there, but I wonder who owns the land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom