Moving Sucks Bigtime!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was forced to move when I was two (a tornado hit our house). We lived near the edge of Denison for a few months while Dad and my older brothers patched up another old house on the home place (that Dad had started tearing down for the lumber). We moved into that house, and I stayed there until I was 18. It was the last home Mom & Dad had.

Sweetie and I rented 3 different homes in our first year together, then built this house in '76. We stayed at the farm in a mobile home for a year or so in the '90s, then came back here where we still had my shop & tools and a bunch of stuff in the house, so it wasn't like a "real" move.

I never even liked moving furniture around, let alone moving a whole house full of it to another location... :D
:drunk2:

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've moved a bit but traveled extensively. I hate packing, I hate moving, I hate unpacking. Told the better half if we ever have to move again we each get 1 suitcase, guns and knives. We'll take the vehicles and torch the house with everything in it on the way out.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where are you moving to ....what town ?

Bigger house, more rooms...?

Bigger yard...Going to put in a range ?

Bigger basement...going to make a gun room ?

What type of tornado shelter ?

Quicker for work ?

What does the family think ?

Better schools ? if you have children

We moved three times since 2000, this is the LAST TIME ...our retirement dream house, twisting dirt road, 100 acres, pond for fishing, range, AVT trails, woods, mountain top view, no neighbors for miles in all directions :)

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lost count when I was still living at home. Dad was in the Air Force. I’m in number nine since I’ve been on my own. Probably my last. I’ve been here at least twenty five years.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still in the process of moving after 11 years. Moved back to the farm place for a year but all our jobs were in OKC. Gas was atrocious so we moved back to OKC. Just today rented a roll off to toss all my worldly goods that have been at the farm.

Our current house was bought AS-IS. You know what that means? I thought it was a purchase of a house you knew had problems but was a fixer upper.

NOOOOOO! You have to evict the guy living there, and move him out. The sucker left all his clothes, toiletries, cleaning supplies, TV, furniture, books, tools, games, drapes, paintings, refrigerator and food, and his dirty dishes. That took three days and we are living in a motel with our moving van sitting in front of the house.

We had to pay for the extra days for the van plus the cost of moving that SOB out. Three days more moving our stuff in.
Then find out his homeless brother was living in the attic

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm still in the process of moving after 11 years. Moved back to the farm place for a year but all our jobs were in OKC. Gas was atrocious so we moved back to OKC. Just today rented a roll off to toss all my worldly goods that have been at the farm.

Our current house was bought AS-IS. You know what that means? I thought it was a purchase of a house you knew had problems but was a fixer upper.

NOOOOOO! You have to evict the guy living there, and move him out. The sucker left all his clothes, toiletries, cleaning supplies, TV, furniture, books, tools, games, drapes, paintings, refrigerator and food, and his dirty dishes. That took three days and we are living in a motel with our moving van sitting in front of the house.

We had to pay for the extra days for the van plus the cost of moving that SOB out. Three days more moving our stuff in.
Then find out his homeless brother was living in the attic

that last paragraph sounds like a movie

Latest posts

Top Bottom