Moving to Oklahoma and wanna hunt and fish!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhammers91

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Have been reading other threads and looks like this is the place to be! Myself and a buddy have decided to move from Central Iowa where we were both born and raised to Oklahoma... somewhere...

We are both avid hunters and fishermen... we are in search of that all inclusive spot (bass, walleye, catfish, goose hunting, duck hunting, antelope, and the like) and don’t know where to begin... have just been doing some internet surfing and are actually down just cruising the country side seein what’s what (spent yesterday (June 6) around the Tulsa area, and have been to the Wichita wildlife refuge today and currently headed to Atoka) and will continue to cruise the area tomorrow.

Just curious if anyone has any suggestions? We are pretty easy going guys that don’t require much (shopping etc.) so hopefully that makes it easier! Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I see our little secret of being a hunters paradise has slipped out.
Deer hunting can be a chore if you go the public land option but we have many areas open. The goose and duck hunting has exploded over the last ten years or so. I'm in okc and pretty centrally located. I can travel a hour or two in any direction and find something to hunt or a fish of any species to catch

Dhammers91

New to the site!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I see our little secret of being a hunters paradise has slipped out.
Deer hunting can be a chore if you go the public land option but we have many areas open. The goose and duck hunting has exploded over the last ten years or so. I'm in okc and pretty centrally located. I can travel a hour or two in any direction and find something to hunt or a fish of any species to catch
Thanks for the quick reply!! Very encouraging! And no worries, your secret is safe with us! it appeared like ducks were fairly plentiful over the whole state... is it the same for geese? Also interested in turkey and hogs.

Thanks again for the reply!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if it matters at all, I quit hunting 20 years ago because landowners are greedy and only do a lease that will cost you out the ass.
If I were moving just for the hunt/fish thing, NE would be my pick hands down.

Dhammers91

New to the site!
Reaction score
Well if it matters at all, I quit hunting 20 years ago because landowners are greedy and only do a lease that will cost you out the ass.
If I were moving just for the hunt/fish thing, NE would be my pick hands down.
That definitely matters! Thanks for bringing it up! Money is definitely not available in large quantities... lol. When you said “NE” were you referring to Nebraska or North East Oklahoma?

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
N.E. Oklahoma or S.E. Oklahoma either would be good areas.
I live around Stonewall. I have my own land.
pix162570501-1.jpg

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the others have said. Oklahoma is about 95% privately owned, so you’d either deal with the crowds on public lands or pay for hunting leases. Or become good friends with a non-hunting landowner ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom