%(&*$#(^&% Mower!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aargh!!!!!! Freaking riding mower is going to kill me! I finally get the idler pulley to stay on over 5 minutes (of course after I ordered a new one) and the damn engine dies and will not even turn over.

Wife wants me to get it running and sell it figuring the money from it will pay someone to mow our yard around 2 years. Thing is mowing helps keep me active and I hate to stop. Going to try starting it again later. Let it cool and see if I can figure out what is wrong this time.

I probably should have got one of those 36" rear engine riders but I like this thing when it works. Being zero turn and it cuts good but the wife does not like the joystick control no matter how much I tell her it is helping her learn to drive an electric wheelchair for when she gets older. :P

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of those too and do use it some, but pushing the mower while lugging around an oxygen tank is a pain in the a$$.
I’ve got an idea....

Attachments

• 5E6B1D28-53FC-4743-81EE-A1D8109284D5.jpeg
    5E6B1D28-53FC-4743-81EE-A1D8109284D5.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 86

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are the sticks completely outboard (in the parked position not running position)? Sometimes one of the sticks doesn't fully engage the switch and the engine wont turn over. Or possibly the blade PTO is still engaged?

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate zero turn mowers was forced to run them at work they are a royal pain to work on and parts are way over priced, and i dont like how the tear the tuff up when in a small area, thats why i have 2 of the mid deck lawn tractor/mowers.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are the sticks completely outboard (in the parked position not running position)? Sometimes one of the sticks doesn't fully engage the switch and the engine wont turn over. Or possibly the blade PTO is still engaged?

I think it is the blade PTO switch. I can jiggle it a little and it turns over. Got a couple things to do but will mess with it some more this evening.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is the blade PTO switch. I can jiggle it a little and it turns over. Got a couple things to do but will mess with it some more this evening.
Rick, send me a pic of the pin config on the switch if you get it out. I might have one in the used stash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom