Mulberries (sand plums small and hard still)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven’t seen but a handful of sand plums, but this morning I found another mulberry tree just south of the river.
90C12359-347E-4767-8CD4-D1B1A255BEB0.jpeg

78C3F4F5-DD60-458E-99B9-F4A9FC375F04.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I just haven’t been up here at the right time of year, because I found 4 more loaded mulberry trees today.
View attachment 281895
View attachment 281896
My mulberry tree is done. Heck of a crop this year though. I stopped and ate a few every time I came up our driveway.
What's interesting is that when we had the big flood three years ago, that tree was producing at that time. I've deleted the pics from my album but I was riding down there and fishing on our road. The fish were feasting on those mulberries as they dropped from the limbs.
Try some for bait on the river and see if it works.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The river feeding Tbird I fished many times and caught catfish on worms , shad, shrimp and liver.
One day they would not take anything.
Mulberry tree was dropping berries into the river (creek) and catfish would eat them as soon as they hit the water.

I tied on a gold crappie hook and wormed a mulberry onto the hook and tossed it in under the tree.
FISH ON!

It works.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The river feeding Tbird I fished many times and caught catfish on worms , shad, shrimp and liver.
One day they would not take anything.
Mulberry tree was dropping berries into the river (creek) and catfish would eat them as soon as they hit the water.

I tied on a gold crappie hook and wormed a mulberry onto the hook and tossed it in under the tree.
FISH ON!

It works.
Well, there are still a bunch of mulberries on the trees I checked this afternoon, and I’m going to try fishing with them in the morning. :anyone:

I’m taking stink bait too just to be safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom