Multiple shooting Victims at Lake Hefner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suspect was Cleet Certified Armed Security.
The two persons that confronted the shooter and shot him went to their vehicles and got their weapons, they did not have them on their person when it started. IF YOU HAVE A HANDGUN LICENSE KEEP YOUR WEAPON ON YOU IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN CARRY IT CONCEALED IN THE PLACE OF BUSINESS.

http://www.koco.com/article/lake-hefner-shooting-what-we-know/20914484
Only the bad guy had a ccw. The two good guys one was a security guard off duty and the other a reserve police officer both had to retrieve their guns from their vehicle

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no duty to retreat in Oklahoma; quite the opposite, in fact--that's the "stand your ground" law that draws so much flak. I'll refrain from addressing the other bits until I've had a chance to read more details, but I will come back.
It may have changed since I took my class, or I may have misunderstood. I thought that applied to your property- house/car, but not so much to public places? (I've been out of the country for 4 years so not super versed on the laws)

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a real live shooting like this no one will check to see what's behind the person they are shooting at. Not even you. In real life the tunnel vision is so overpowering you won't see anything else but the target. You can pretend train all you want, run a thousand scenarios through your head, but in real life that adrenaline flow is gonna take over. And will you drop to the floor? Not if everyone else is running. You'll be running right along with them.
have you ever shot anyone or at anyone?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may have changed since I took my class, or I may have misunderstood. I thought that applied to your property- house/car, but not so much to public places? (I've been out of the country for 4 years so not super versed on the laws)
I would say that you should consider taking another class, a better class, or read the law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom